Post your fastest VMAX E/T 1/8 or 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about rear shock adjustments, minimum preload or max preload ??
On Saturday, because of getting good traction I went from very soft to a harder set up which I believe helped in launching. I just had always run it soft when riding because of me being a lite riding.

Waiting too see fastest time. Hoping it will be in 8's

Hello, did you ever receive an answer to this question? I weigh 240lbs and have the same question. What would be the proper setting?
I am not a drag racing like some on here. Maybe made 50-75 passes since the 80's. What did seem to be consistent when I set the rear on a firm setting was that my 60' times were consistently better bringing my ET down. I believe basically because of good traction and learning somewhat to launch it instead of it being set on a soft setting and the chassis absorbing power on the launch when I set it very firm the chassis does not absorb any power or time and shoots you out quicker. This in turn should give you a better 60' and ET assuming all things are equal, which in my case they never were. But I still believe the stiffer your rear is set the quicker you get out of the gate. Sean Morley can most likely give an experts opinion being on the strip and settings.

My 1985 back in the late 80's best was 11.07 @ 122, most running 11 teens and 20's mostly. Totally stock, straight from the crate, no front end tie downs, no pipe or slick. Stock, stock, stock.
My 2016 best 9.98 @ 135. Simple MAB w/K&N, DD to clutch, Akrapovic mid pipe w/stock mufflers and Nash flash. That's it!

now I don't feel so bad. when I ran 11.20's on my 86 when it was new, I thought I was slow, now it seems I was about where I should have been. Never ran it with the Kerker 4-1 it has now.

Back