Post your fastest VMAX E/T 1/8 or 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good 1/8th mile MPH but crappy 1/4 mile mph?? Did you let out or the bike quit pulling?? Or is that 1000' mph?? Other then that you are making great improvements!

Sean

Good 1/8th mile MPH but crappy 1/4 mile mph?? Did you let out or the bike quit pulling?? Or is that 1000' mph?? Other then that you are making great improvements!

Sean

I really don't understad it either. I hold it wide open past the finish line and im flat agenst the tank but only gain a few mph. I just posted a video of my 11.8 1/4 mile run in the video thred. i launch harder now than in the vid but other than that my form is the same.

I finally raced my Max.

I was kinda dissapointed but it was my 1st time ever racing a motorcycle.

All runs were without a burnout on a 150 tire at stock pressure (best 60' was 2.049)

60' ------- 2.100
330 ------ 5.462
1/8 ------ 8.213
MPH ----- 90.25
1000 ---- 10.69
1/4 ------ 12.648
MPH ----- 110.25

Bike is stock except for Kerker 4-2-1 with smallest baffle, jet kit, and K&N.

Did I do horrible? :ummm:

What jet kit and what settings right now? The bike isn't making very good HP based on your trap speed (110mph) or you are a VERY big guy. Yes, the 60' can improve but with that low on the mph you will barely make it into the 11's once you get that improved.

Sean

What jet kit and what settings right now? The bike isn't making very good HP based on your trap speed (110mph) or you are a VERY big guy. Yes, the 60' can improve but with that low on the mph you will barely make it into the 11's once you get that improved.

Sean

Dynojet stage 1 and I'm 200lbs.

The carbs still need a bit of tuning but I don't know carbs. It's running pig rich and stutters/bogs under light cruising (2k rpms or so) and breaks up pretty good if you roll into it around 5k. If you hammer it from a dig and run it through the gears it's not so bad

The needles are on their 2nd leanest setting and the bike is still pig rich. Do I have to small of a baffle?

I wish we had a place that could tune worth a damn here in MN. If it was EFI I would have this thing dialed in in a heartbeat.

If you have the stock needles put them back in. Set the floats correctly. Put in 147.5 mains and you'll be about as good as you can until you get a stage seven or one of my kits.

Sean

New personal best!

60 foot --- 1.736

1/8 mile -- 7.213 at 96mph

1/4 mile -- 11.30 at 119mph

Still working on trying to get the 60' into the 1.6s. Few more ajustments to my launch to second gear technique and it sould be there!

Very good time. I'd like to see the MPH be a little better (an indication of the power being output). With that MPH you aren't going to see a much faster elapsed time. I'm going to guess that maybe an 11.15-11.20 might be all it is going to get with that speed.

Sean

Very good time. I'd like to see the MPH be a little better (an indication of the power being output). With that MPH you aren't going to see a much faster elapsed time. I'm going to guess that maybe an 11.15-11.20 might be all it is going to get with that speed.

Sean

Think 11.20ish may be all i can do at this point. There are a few videos of me on facebook and going by sound, it seems like im loosing quite a bit of time shifting. My bike has Over Racing rear sets in reverce shift pattern. The reverce pattern cut 2 tenths off but i still have to cut the throttle to shift. was looking at electric shifters but i would hate to drill a hole into that shifter :th_scared:Stupid thing is expensive! maybe if i get desperate.....:biglaugh:

Well I took the plunge tonight at our local dragstrip. I raced my Oldsmobile probably 15 years ago, and haven't been on the track since then, and I've never raced a bike on the strip. Now that I have all the disclaimers done I'll give you my times.

The bike is a stock 93 max. 34,000 miles. The only mod is the OEM exhaust is punched out for sound.
I weigh 200 lbs
My best 60 ft was 1.88
1/8 was 7.64
93.75 mph

Can I expect much better for being stock?
The track is an 1/8 mile.
Tim

I went to the track again last night. It was a grudge race night, so there were no time slips. It cost 5 bucks per race, so I decided to make a few passes. The only way to get your time was to look at the board on your way by, so I missed a few of my times. The one that I did catch was a 7.67 which isn't all that great, but what made it great was I beat a CBR 1000 R ( I think thats right) in a straight up race. I'm sure in a 1/4 he would have blown by me, but he couldn't catch me in the 1/8 th. I'm not really sure If I holeshoted him or what, but Thats why you don't pre-judge a race.
Tim

The local stealership had the dyno drags there this last weekend, and they were offering "get invited to Sturgis and run to win $15K" (only for V twins, as usual in the fine print) went down Sat. with a couple of riding buddies and treated it like a dyno pull and it shows, my reaction times blew :bang head: went back Sun. with the wife and treated it like a drag race, better reaction times. it was also the first time the wife heard the max at full roar and now she somewhat understands the obsession and the money thing :punk:
it's just an '06 that Sean massaged into a 1260, has Sean's jet kit w/152.5 mains, Mark's 4-2, stock ignition box, Royal Star 5th gear overdrive, 87 octane and a healthy disrespect for proper machine care on the throttle.

After running it I noticed the wife started paying attention to what everyone else was running, and after putting it to a couple Vrods, one heavily modded and the other a Screaming Eagle Vrod she was impressed, good thing she wasn't there Sat. when the turbo, nitrous Busa was.

After all the thrashing, loaded her on it we rode home with her looking for races at every light, i've created a monster. notso

Attachments

• dyno drags 8-1-10.zip
    58.9 KB · Views: 58
what kind of reaction times are you guys getting?

I have only been to the drag strip 1 time.with a bike(94 zx900)
my r/t's where no slower than a .132
and my 3 best ones .002 , .007 and a .005
the other 2 runs i red lighted. only because my buddy was messing with my head.
took my lane away from me. made me wait for him to stage. he was on a fj1200.
so I knew i had to take him at the light. he was so mad when he had faster 60ft.
and low et. but i got the win. and at the end of the day. he was bragging about his top speed 98.77 mph. i just had to show him my 98.78
this was on an 1/8 mile track. can't wait to launch the max. he's bringing a 01 aprilia rsv1000 mile'. Now i'm in his head.

Rt's vary for me. Usually .100 or better depending on pro or street class (all lights at once then green or sequential).

Sean

cedar falls raceway aug 28th
here's my best run
r/t .175
60' 1.929
330 4.990
1/8 7.511
mph 97.58
1000 9.719
1/4 11.630
mph 116.92

keep in mind this was the first time. i've ran my vmax at the strip.oh ya tire pressure lol
40psi shinko

Back