Post your fastest VMAX E/T 1/8 or 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have the Turbo Busa ( when I get it back ) I didn't give much thought to the Vmax. But I think I may toss a bottle on it and see if I can't rip a couple low 10's out of it :biglaugh:

Sounds fun, I'd do yourself a favor and get an air shifter first though.. Also if your gonna spray get the NOS progressive controller, it has a window switch that you can set to shut off the kit at a given rpm and with both of our history's of broken driveshafts that's a good thing to have..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

My best ever with stock motor, UFO exhaust and having played with the jetting was 11.30 at 121mph 1/4 mile. Back when I weighed 220 geared up

I hope to get into the 10.70's or better with the new motor, but I've gained about 30 lbs of lard since the old runs ; (

My best ever with stock motor, UFO exhaust and having played with the jetting was 11.30 at 121mph 1/4 mile. Back when I weighed 220 geared up

I hope to get into the 10.70's or better with the new motor, but I've gained about 30 lbs of lard since the old runs ; (

Can't remember Rusty but is yours extended? That beast is gonna be a handful if not! lol If at all possible I'd put an air shifter on yours too, makes racing so much easier when you can just focus on your launch and not have to worry about having your feet up on the pegs for that 1-2 shift.. Also let's you lay down on it (tits on the tank) and that helps greatly with wheelie control..

Can't remember Rusty but is yours extended? That beast is gonna be a handful if not! lol If at all possible I'd put an air shifter on yours too, makes racing so much easier when you can just focus on your launch and not have to worry about having your feet up on the pegs for that 1-2 shift.. Also let's you lay down on it (tits on the tank) and that helps greatly with wheelie control..

No, its braced and notched but is not extended.

No, its braced and notched but is not extended.

Yea your gonna have your hands full if that torque monster hooks!! lol Can't wait to see the results though, I'm betting it'll run better than you think if you can keep the front end down and shift it fast enough..

Yea your gonna have your hands full if that torque monster hooks!! lol Can't wait to see the results though, I'm betting it'll run better than you think if you can keep the front end down and shift it fast enough..

I am thinking it will run better to ! Scott talked me into getting an air shifter to & I love it. Now if I can just keep the front down to . it will help

I am thinking it will run better to ! Scott talked me into getting an air shifter to & I love it. Now if I can just keep the front down to . it will help

To be honest guys I'm STILL working on getting the jetting right. I've got it so that WOT pulls are good, and low speed, light throttle cruise is good, but part throttle "brisk" pulls are still to lean, and to top that off WOT pulls starting from cruise at 5000rpm go really rich.

Every time I think I've got these carbs figured out I get some unexpected result.

With the little time I've had home its gone real slow.
Someone needs to get me some flat slides for Fathers Day!!
This engine and the Mikunis are not the best combo I guess.
That's why it hasn't been to a Dyno or the strip yet.

To be honest guys I'm STILL working on getting the jetting right. I've got it so that WOT pulls are good, and low speed, light throttle cruise is good, but part throttle "brisk" pulls are still to lean, and to top that off WOT pulls starting from cruise at 5000rpm go really rich.

Every time I think I've got these carbs figured out I get some unexpected result.

With the little time I've had home its gone real slow.
Someone needs to get me some flat slides for Fathers Day!!
This engine and the Mikunis are not the best combo I guess.
That's why it hasn't been to a Dyno or the strip yet.

Keep going Rusty, I'm confident you'll figure it out :) plus I'll need to pick your brain when I build my new engine too lol I'm sticking with stock carbs because I don't want to completely lose my mileage.. I'm predicting that even fighting a wheelie you'll run solid into the 10.3-5's but if it was extended and had an air shifter and hooked I'm betting you'd have a 9 second bike on your hands there bud.. Horsepower sells engines, torque wins races...

New personal best! Have been running 10.8s to 10.7s this year but some how pulled this off last night..

98 Vmax. UFO flat slides, PCW 1260cc with moderate head work, undercut transmission, Morleys Muscle 6" extended shaft drive swing arm, R6 front wheel.

60 foot - 1.53
1/8 mile - 6.684
mph - 102
1/4 mile - 10.57!
mph - 124

Only change from last year was the front wheel. Cant believe it!

This is may best time this year, I came to watch the races but got bated in to racing only 1 race no other runs on the track. 1st time with the shinko 170 rear tire on the bike. I did a very lite burn out. My friend I was running gsxr 1450cc bike he ran 9:80 something high 9s, Really did not like to run the bike on the new tire. he beat me. I did ask last run again For $100.00 he would not. I need few runs with the tire to get a better feel of taking off at the light. Bike off the ground kinda high bounce down lost a few seconds. I'm at 226 pounds sissy bar on the bike and had my little riding big still on the bike. The tire is sticky. When we was leaving the track it was about 12 of us. My friend gsxr he would not even do a stop light run with me. But out riding before we got to the track he was gun hole. He would not talk much even about the race. And I called him yesterday he did not return my call. Some of the other guys kelp telling him to race me again for $100.00...

1/4 Mile ET:10.023 1/4 Mile MPH:144.310 1/8 Mile ET:6.60 11/8 Mile MPH:114.3300-60 Foot ET:1.712

Almost a 9 second run On a gen 1 At 226 pounds Wow I'm super impressed I'm also curious How much horsepower are you running at the rear wheel And how are you getting that much horsepower

New personal best! Have been running 10.8s to 10.7s this year but some how pulled this off last night..

98 Vmax. UFO flat slides, PCW 1260cc with moderate head work, undercut transmission, Morleys Muscle 6" extended shaft drive swing arm, R6 front wheel.

60 foot - 1.53
1/8 mile - 6.684
mph - 102
1/4 mile - 10.57!
mph - 124

Only change from last year was the front wheel. Cant believe it!

That's a great run Zak, congrats to ya.
I hope to get up there this year to see you race.
Steve

Frankenmax versus Redbone, at Brian's personal airport/dragstrip last year.
Although bagged and fairing'ed out, still handed Brian his ass, on a platter.
9.6 @ 148mph
Not buyin' it:ummm:
Ask Brian. An honest face like this just ain't gonna lie.:clapping:
Cheers!

Attachments

• My friend Brian.jpg
    My friend Brian.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Airport drags.jpg
    Airport drags.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 57
Almost a 9 second run On a gen 1 At 226 pounds Wow I'm super impressed I'm also curious How much horsepower are you running at the rear wheel And how are you getting that much horsepower

I never had it dyno, The motor was pull and had some machine work, 2nd gear no pop out, crank balance rods - magna flax bore stock heads blue printed flow test valve job, heads shaved, jet kit round open box air cleaner float set to just to add a little more gas - just a little more than stock. Kerker 4x1 exhaust. Only thing i was not happy with the heads they took off the black paint. "O" vboost open all the time.

For me at the light I catch just at the green and set back on the middle gas seat pull over open part a few pounds as close to the rear wheel and kinda like almost on top push back leaning on the fake tank. Front wheel off the ground about 20"s.... before I did this last year hit low 12s down to 11s then in the 10s when change up my riding style at the track.

This just me mind you, Key to this bike - is being relax or find that zone...

I remember when these started hitting the local tracks - jet kit exhausts open air boxes they was in 11s 10s all day long and few rider's would hit 9s with them.

When I bought this bike man I went nuts how the bike pull through the gears
I started jump on other bike like a was kid again. I have race few street races
not sure the times was 1/4 mile. I beat few of the top bikes out there.

Some of my friend thanks it's 9s bike baby girl ran 10:04 on the bike... Her bike runs high 8's all motor...

Now find my self trying to get better gas miles out of it and just taking trips on it. Man I hate to mass this bike up drag racing. Out of all the bikes I had in the pass this is my top bike is the vmax and then vf1000r 1986

I have chance to pick gen2 but in trade with along some cash my bike...
Not sure yet if I'm going to do it....

I never had it dyno, The motor was pull and had some machine work, 2nd gear no pop out, crank balance rods - magna flax bore stock heads blue printed flow test valve job, heads shaved, jet kit round open box air cleaner float set to just to add a little more gas - just a little more than stock. Kerker 4x1 exhaust. Only thing i was not happy with the heads they took off the black paint. "O" vboost open all the time.

For me at the light I catch just at the green and set back on the middle gas seat pull over open part a few pounds as close to the rear wheel and kinda like almost on top push back leaning on the fake tank. Front wheel off the ground about 20"s.... before I did this last year hit low 12s down to 11s then in the 10s when change up my riding style at the track.

This just me mind you, Key to this bike - is being relax or find that zone...

I remember when these started hitting the local tracks - jet kit exhausts open air boxes they was in 11s 10s all day long and few rider's would hit 9s with them.

When I bought this bike man I went nuts how the bike pull through the gears
I started jump on other bike like a was kid again. I have race few street races
not sure the times was 1/4 mile. I beat few of the top bikes out there.

Some of my friend thanks it's 9s bike baby girl ran 10:04 on the bike... Her bike runs high 8's all motor...

Now find my self trying to get better gas miles out of it and just taking trips on it. Man I hate to mass this bike up drag racing. Out of all the bikes I had in the pass this is my top bike is the vmax and then vf1000r 1986

I have chance to pick gen2 but in trade with along some cash my bike...
Not sure yet if I'm going to do it....

:ummm: :confused2:

Frankenmax versus Redbone, at Brian's personal airport/dragstrip last year.
Although bagged and fairing'ed out, still handed Brian his ass, on a platter.
9.6 @ 148mph
Not buyin' it:ummm:
Ask Brian. An honest face like this just ain't gonna lie.:clapping:
Cheers!
Not sure about that honest face and yes you did get me the first time but I was getting a lot of wheel spin. :tantrum: I did get you on the back straight just before we discovered the source of the oil though! :punk:
I may be bagged out and kinda fairinged but you didn't have to tell everyone! :no no no: So less compare the svelte and debonair Miles to the bagged/ faired Brian:
:coolgleamA: 003.jpg :doh:
So all in all if Miles hadn't layed down that oil slick :auto182: I woulda got him the first time! :wave bye::rocket bike::surprise:
:biglaugh:

I hope you can make it out, i'm typing with 1 hand....

I get the gist of what you're saying.....the thing is the only Gen 1 I 've seen run those times made around 200 HP...... and I figure you'd need a minimum of 165 or so to come close to 10 flat, and even then there is no way it would trap at 144MPH. I don't know how those times are possible with the mods you are describing.

Latest posts

Back