powdercoat kerker k series?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can and if you do the baffle too, it will last a lot longer. Tell coater not to add to much material or tape off area where baffle slides into can because it is a tight fit already. They also make a hi temp powder in limited colors. I love powdercoat but the thinner the Base metal part, the more difficult to get it perfectly smooth.

Last edited:
might be able to high temp the muffler, not sure. i'd do some research, find the nominal operating temp for a motoryclce muffler and ask ur coater what the powder is rated for.

Ceramic "Therma-Chrome" is a good choice.........good for 1300*. (Used on car headers too).

Conventional coatings will not stand up to the heat (already tried). You need the high heat coatings or something like the Jet Hot we offer.

Sean

I think he mentioned he only wants to do the Can, not the whole system. If
someone can tell me how I could post a picture from my iPhone, I will show you mine. I don't think the temps that far back are that high let alone defeating the fiberglass packings insulative properties. Mine looks fine at least.

A little less than three years. Worst wear is around the band clamp. Just scratches, not missing coating. Washes clean instantly with S100 or Westleys BleacheWhite which I use on my tires and powdercoated rims. This picture is after removal for repack and after washing. Mesh metal is like new still.

Why does the kerker chrome peel? My stock 85 pipes are still nice but my kerker looks like crap. Just about to buy new kerker, but is the chrome the longest lasting coating if you maintain it?

It only peeled on the can cos it's aluminum. They don't mfg em in chrome anymore because of the warrenty claims.

They dont offer in chrome? Sean just gave me a price...:confused2:

Can was brushed aluminum and looking tatty so I had can and baffle done. $20 bucks. Had to clean out packing not because of powdercoating temps but did not want to be blowing glass fibers around in the oven and getting into the coating of mine or the next guys parts.

Kerker cans used to be chromed but they did have a nasty peel problem (not a good chrome process for them). We have chromed a few cans with good results. The OEM system is double walled so not exposed to the same heat that a regular header is.

Sean

Can was brushed aluminum and looking tatty so I had can and baffle done. $20 bucks. Had to clean out packing not because of powdercoating temps but did not want to be blowing glass fibers around in the oven and getting into the coating of mine or the next guys parts.
I only got one pic- the baffle and end cap.

Latest posts

Back