Power Cruiser Bragging Rights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

random1

Reaction score
Hello you all, has anyone run up against a ZX-14 or Hayabusa with there Gen 2 VMAX in the quarter mile? I would think the VMAX would come out on top. Raw acceleration rules and the VMAX has plenty of that. :punk:

I think it is close but the Gen 2 has traction problems. Hopefully a Gen 2 owner will chime in.

My experience does not mean much but I've been beaten by a B-king and maybe a Hayabusa and ZX-14. The B-King is all that I'm sure of and that's because it's the first one I had seen outside of a dealership. The Vmax is capable of more, I'm sure, but maybe those bikes were, too.

Motorcyclist Mag. had a shootout between the B-King and
2nd Gen Max. B-King was about 2 or 3 tenths faster in the
1/4 mile. Busa and zx -14 are faster than the B-king. Rider
can make the difference though.

I was 6/10 sec slower at 11.54. My 60' time was 2.080 to his 1.848 sec and he was pulling away from me at the end. It was a blast though.

Hello you all, has anyone run up against a ZX-14 or Hayabusa with there Gen 2 VMAX in the quarter mile? I would think the VMAX would come out on top. Raw acceleration rules and the VMAX has plenty of that. :punk:
Well seeing that i have raced both bikes (zx14) and ( 09 Vmax ) i can tell you this ...My best pass on a stock Vmax was 10.14 @ 136 and my best on a stock 09 zx14 was 9.62 @ 144 .. The difference is i was fighting wheelys on the zx14 ( 57 inch wheel base ) or i would have gone faster ..The Vmax at 66 inches has no real wheely problem , yes it did lift the wheel a bit but i never had to back off the throttle ..

Now lets move on to a modded 09 Vmax ... Pipe and tuned using a drag slick i ran 9.75 @ 140 or so ... My 09 zx14 still stock wheel base, stock tire with a pipe and NO tune i ran 9.32 @ 148 .. Again fighting wheelys on the zx14 ... On my old 06 zx14 stock wheel base a few years ago i ran 9.18 @ 152 ..

Remember thats me riding both bikes and not two different riders with different skills or weight .. These runs took place the same day and same track ..

Also my best 60 footer in the Vmax was 1.57 ( the lowest anyone has done so far ) ..My stock wheel base zx14 has runs 1.51 60 foot times... So you can see the Vmax is never in front in a drag race with a zx14 ..

You just have to do the math ... zx14 (stock) is right at 535 pounds as raced and the Vmax ( stock ) was right at 700 pounds .. That's a 165 pounds difference .. Both bikes stock are very close in HP ( within 3 or 4 hp but that depends on whos dyno you believe)..

Now you asked would a Vmax beat a zx14 or Bking ? Well it depends on who is doing the riding ..

On the street in a short race i would put my money on the Vmax because the zx14 or Busa with an Avg rider will mostlikely have a wheely problem ...Better keep it a short race because both the busa and zx14 in a long race can hit the 186 MPH limiter and will at some point just drive right around you ..

I think the ZX14 is still a race bike not really a cruiser, I came off a 08 R1 onto the 09 VMax and havent looked back, on longer rides its so much more comfortable and has so much power all through the rev range, twist the throttle in any gear and it takes off, now in terms of fun the VMax wins, the rolling burnouts are a real hoot.
The R1 was great above around 5 k revs but you couldnt twist it too much otherwise you would lift the front wheel.:punk:

Latest posts

Back