Prairie dog hunting in Utah

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Just rolled into Monticello utah yesterday for a month long job here for Pacificorp. Me and some friends went riding around in some fields nearby (with permission) and shot the fuck out of a bunch of Prairie dogs and a few "meercats"?? that's what the guys said they were, look like giant prairie dogs to me, didn't know they were native to the US???

They make fantastically cute little exploding targets when hit with a .204 Remington, we had some of 'em flying 4 feet in the air as they disintegrated....it's the best Sunday afternoon I've spent in a long while....

Here's one that was thirsty...

Attachments

• 0708101957.jpg
    0708101957.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 51
Cool. Meerkats in the US? Probably just calling them that, pretty sure they are only in S. Africa.

I hope to be doing the same with hogs this Friday - it's muzzle loader season in South Florida...:clapping:

Good Luck richwrench, I'm stuck here. Restrictions after hand surgery.:bang head:

I have a friend who hunts those Prairie Dogs things with an M16.:rofl_200:

When I was working on St. Paul Island, The local priest was interested in target shooting, I was helping him set up a Rem. 700 in .243win calibur.

He started watching all these varmint hunting videos, He would come by my place every so often and we would watch them. Whoa would some of them critters explode.

Prairie Dogs are a hoot, we've spent hours waiting for them to resurface for more 'practice'!

On the east coast we have to settle for shooting rats at the local dump on Sundays...:gun shoot:

??? We used to shoot Squid on the waterfront. They flood the water with ink when ya hit them.

That sounds like a blast. PD hunting is nothing but fun. Shot at one with an AR 15 once. Thought I missed. It was a long shot with iron sites. When we went out to get a head count, the rd zipped right through it's neck. Just a drop of blood.
Knew a farmer that shot anhydros down the holes using a stinger.

I use to shot to sparrows with slingshot when I was 10....

Whatever you troll, I don't expect you to understand and could care less what you think. You come from a country where less than 3% of the population owns a gun and even if they did can rarely use it to defend themselves. And if they ever get to but a firearm it's because they got"permission" from the police, checked it out of thier "club" and returned it at the end of the day.....Police ar good for one thing and that's to show up later and mop up the blood and file a ereport.......Prairie dogs are the rats of the western states, they are a nuisance animal and good for target practice for when I really need a gun to be used in a really useful manner.

I'm suprised that you were even able to lay your hands on a slingshot back when you were ten without fear of arrest...

By the way my wife is a Polack, her name is Rogowski and she's a 2nd generation immigrant.

Whatever you troll, I don't expect you to understand and could care less what you think. You come from a country where less than 3% of the population owns a gun and even if they did can rarely use it to defend themselves. And if they ever get to but a firearm it's because they got"permission" from the police, checked it out of thier "club" and returned it at the end of the day.....Police ar good for one thing and that's to show up later and mop up the blood and file a ereport.......Prairie dogs are the rats of the western states, they are a nuisance animal and good for target practice for when I really need a gun to be used in a really useful manner.

I'm suprised that you were even able to lay your hands on a slingshot back when you were ten without fear of arrest...

By the way my wife is a Polack, her name is Rogowski and she's a 2nd generation immigrant.
Its not about that.
I dont mind guns.
I use to shot some, my firend have a permision and couple of diffrent guns.
I dont fear the guns altough nobodys shooting here.

Im ok with killing animals but for food, I never get the idea with killing any animal for fun...

Polacks are like cockroaches, we are evrywhere.

Aaa. One more thingy.
The word "POLACK" is very abusive term for us.

Oh and BTW.
Rusty, I've heard You did screwed with that overrancing cover?

Last edited:
Its not about that.
I dont mind guns.
I use to shot some, my firend have a permision and couple of diffrent guns.
I dont fear the guns altough nobodys shooting here.

Im ok with killing animals but for food, I never get the idea with killing any animal for fun...

Polacks are like cockroaches, we are evrywhere.

Aaa. One more thingy.
The word "POLACK" is very abusive term for us.

Oh and BTW.
Rusty, I've heard You did screwed with that overrancing cover?
TEll ya what, we in the States will shoot what we call nuisance rodents, Prairie dogs, wood chucks, rats, moles and a few other disgusting critters, pack um on ice and send them over to you, in exchange we want some hot Polish women that don't speak english :eusa_dance:

I grew up on our family farm here in sw Kansas. We had a 3/4 mile long grass air strip since I can remember. We lived 2 miles from what some would say is Prairie Dog heaven for those who like to hunt them. Air strips and prairie dog holes don't mix. I can't even come close to telling you how many dogs I've shot,drowned,poisoned,whatever it took to keep them out of my pasture. I could totally wipe them out and within 2 days there would be more migrating in. It definately gave me something to do when I wasnt farming.

Latest posts

Back