Pre-Trip Inspections

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyrotronix

Reaction score
Good morning my fellow riders! In a month I am taking an out of State trip on my Vmax, will be covering roughly one thousand miles. I have a 2001 Vmax with 30,000 miles on it. And I'm still learning lots about these magnificent machines. Currently I have it apart to replace the starter clutch. I also recently pulled the carbs off and apart and gave them a good cleaning and synced them. The bike is running smooth.

But it got me thinking, what other, if any, commonly known issues might I want to look over before going on this trip? Obviously, can't prepare for everything. But I thought knowing what to look for could be helpful!

Thanks for any help and tips you might have!

I like to "snug up" as many nuts, bolts and screws as I can get too every so often, especially before a long trip. I have found 1 or 2 missing during this process. You may also discover other things that need attention at this time.

I like to "snug up" as many nuts, bolts and screws as I can get too every so often, especially before a long trip. I have found 1 or 2 missing during this process. You may also discover other things that need attention at this time.
That's a great idea, thanks! I've got the perfect time to do it right now while waiting on the new starter clutch too.

Back