pre93 vs later than handling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for those whove ridden both, does the difference in fork size make any noticeable difference in how quick the steering is?

I believe there's zero difference in the quickness of the steering - that's because both the 40mm and the 43mm have exactly the same angles. The only difference would be in the stiffness, and even there I think it's pretty minimal.

yea, good point. the only reason i wondered is bc i recently bought a 92, and the steering seem much more nimble than the ones ive test ridden at americade over the past few years- felt i really had to muscle those into turns.

I believe there's zero difference in the quickness of the steering - that's because both the 40mm and the 43mm have exactly the same angles. The only difference would be in the stiffness, and even there I think it's pretty minimal.

I read something about the 09 model how they decided against inverted forks because the regular forks they put on it are already a huge 52mm and they thought the front end would be too rigid...

And then I read below that, that 52mm was a blessed upgrade from the "spaghetti pasta" forks on the old VMaxes.... The 90's fork upgrades I'm sure help a lot. My '85 forks do indeed seem like thin pasta!

Latest posts

Back