Preaching to the choir

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wanted a VMAX ever since I first saw a Gen 1 when I was a kid. I finally realized my aspiration back in November and picked up a barely modded or used 1998. I have only had a few bikes, started on a 1992 Intruder 1400 (that was a fun bike to learn to ride on and I sold it for what I paid for it) then I had a Victory Jackpot ( that one looked cool, and sounded like a beast, but handled like absolute crap) I still have the Triumph Speed Triple that I traded the Jackpot for, though it is up for sale as it has a nasty habit of eating stators and leaving me stranded. Next to the VMAX, the Speed Triple has been my favorite bike to ride, that triple engine is a torque monster and lots of fun when its running. The VMAX however is as some of the earlier posters mentioned, the complete package. It has looks, pedigree, and power. I'm not a canyon carver and enjoy laid back cruising, for my riding style, the VMAX is perfect, my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. Only thing I have done so far is swap the stock cans for a set of clean used supertrapps and add a sissy bar. The supertrapps sound awesome, so much so that my wife insisted that I roll the bike down the driveway before I fire it up when I leave for work at 5am lol. Only other mods I'm considering at this point is some touring bits to get the bike ready for a summer trip in the Columbia river valley.

On the subject of exhausts, I if anyone in the SF Bay Area need a Stock exhaust that was drilled then plugged by the previous owner, let me know and we can work something out.

Last edited:
I have wanted a VMAX ever since I first saw a Gen 1 when I was a kid. I finally realized my aspiration back in November and picked up a barely modded or used 1998. I have only had a few bikes, started on a 1992 Intruder 1400 (that was a fun bike to learn to ride on and I sold it for what I paid for it) then I had a Victory Jackpot ( that one looked cool, and sounded like a beast, but handled like absolute crap) I still have the Triumph Speed Triple that I traded the Jackpot for, though it is up for sale as it has a nasty habit of eating stators and leaving me stranded. Next to the VMAX, the Speed Triple has been my favorite bike to ride, that triple engine is a torque monster and lots of fun when its running. The VMAX however is as some of the earlier posters mentioned, the complete package. It has looks, pedigree, and power. I'm not a canyon carver and enjoy laid back cruising, for my riding style, the VMAX is perfect, my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. Only thing I have done so far is swap the stock cans for a set of clean used supertrapps and add a sissy bar. The supertrapps sound awesome, so much so that my wife insisted that I roll the bike down the driveway before I fire it up when I leave for work at 5am lol. Only other mods I'm considering at this point is some touring bits to get the bike ready for a summer trip in the Columbia river valley.

On the subject of exhausts, I if anyone in the SF Bay Area need a Stock exhaust that was drilled then plugged by the previous owner, let me know and we can work something out.
Welcome home

I had always thought so...until I got these dual Holeshot full pipes. I love the way they burble along under light throttle. Similar to the Kerker, but in stereo. I have a Kerker on hand. With ceramicoat, it would be dang nice. But, I'm keeping the Dale Walkers. Somebody buy the blasted thing off me so I can stop thinking about it.

Latest posts

Back