Pretty sure I'm getting one.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacokid

Reaction score
Last new bike was '06FJR. Loved that bike. 24k miles in its first year alone. Sold 4 mc's last year to build a new home.

Son is now riding the R1, and keeps saying I should get the max instead of another FJR. Biggest concern is fuel capacity. I tuned the FJR to go ~440 miles on 6.6 gal. So, 100 miles on 4 is going to be a BIG change.

Do i need one? nope. No more than I need another FJR.

Do I want a murdered out '18-19 Max????

Yes.....Sat on one in Jan. Lovvvvvvvvved everything about it! Also sat on a new FJR, and Yam magically figured out how to drop it another 1-1.5", and that is a BIG deal for comfort.

Wasn't ready to buy yet. I'm 6(ish) weeks from closing and I'm pretty sure I'm getting one.

Only nays:
135 Limited? WTF? FJR ran 165 out the box easy. Nanny state safety twattles.

Reflash ($550), new exhaust ($1100), just to be where it "should" be "fun"

Please. Talk me into it. Or out of it, and into another FJR.

This is my shootin' hand,

The WacoKid

Nothing about the VMax is practical. But its more fun than you should be allowed to have on 2 wheels. I always come home in a euphoric state of mind after a ride on that bike.

I have an FJR as well, great bike but.......big yawn.

So the Max isn't for everyone. Having to gas up all the time might get to be aggravating coming off an FJR. But if you'll enjoy an adrenaline rush every time you ride, and enjoy owning a super reliable beast that will draw a crowd around it everywhere you park.....then you're barking up the right bike.

Last edited:
Ok, thank y'all for the replies. I found myself laughing at you laughing in your helmet. Relatable, on a certain level of sanity.

Back