• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale Price recommendations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add a reference, here in Oregon, I got my 07 with 1850 miles on it for $2500.
That's similar pricing to Georgia. My buddy Frank bought a '92 that was nice but had a tear in the seat. He bought it for 900 bucks and sent the seat off and had it redone for 250 I think it was.

Not as nice looking as this guys bike though.

$5,000.00
Like the baseball movie Build it and they will come set the price and they will buy!!!
A good price for the seller, but very-optimistic in the same locale. Down here, anyways. This one was a year newer, (1993) so it had the larger downtubes, sliders, and triple trees, and four-piston front calipers, and larger rotors. I sold it with 10K miles, for < $3K.

Yamaha.01.jpeg

Here in Metro Phoenix, this ‘90 sold easily at $2500. Vboost inop, needed fork seals. Cosmetically very nice. Could’ve gotten more (many inquiries), but needed to move it:
61A98FDA-7A05-41BE-8882-EFCD948B3AFE.jpeg

This 85 was ridden hard and put up wet. Needed everything. EVERYTHING. I bought it as a parts locker (dirt cheap), but didn’t have the heart to break it down. I asked and got $850 for it. I wish I had asked much more as my phone blew up with responses. From both craigslist and offerup. I had… No lie… Over 30 inquiries on the bike.

I could’ve sold it 10 times at this price.

Both of these sold in the last three months due to health issues on my part and the need to reduce the project pipeline.

Attachments

• 14C8E1CE-A78D-4CEC-82B7-95D078E5F4D8.jpeg
    14C8E1CE-A78D-4CEC-82B7-95D078E5F4D8.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 15
Hard putting her up for sale as I've he'd her for so long, but 5000 sounds like a starting point, thanks guys

Around here, that's about it. Book value on it in good condition is 1,000. The average retail price is 1,070.

KBB, NADA, all low balling scams.

I think we have a smart enough community to know a vehicles estimated value without actually looking things up. Probably one of the most sought after cars(not saying here, but after many car collectors) is the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. Options and styles aside, we can say the AVERAGE value of the car is $50K, agreed?

NADA value AVERAGE is $29,633. Roughly half of what the AVERAGE should be.

Grabbing data from 2165 car auctions the average is $50,000. A high auction car of this model sold for more than $300,000. With knowing how NADA works, could you imagine how NADA would value that $300,000 car? For less than 1/10th the price. And you can look this up with every older classic vehicle. NADA will lowball the hell out of a vehicle without ever taking in consideration of vehicle sales private or other. The ONLY time NADA will ever come in handy is on vehicle registration when they decide to tax the vehicle for the umpteenth time. In New Mexico, you can say you sold a vehicle for $1. They will use the NADA value of the vehicle and tax you that. I am sure more states follow this lead now to prevent this loophole from being exploited.

I severely doubt that Georgia would be selling vehicles of any sort for that cheap. A quick glance at your areas Craigslist shows that motorcycles are pretty much on par for what they are even in my neck of the woods. Some a smidge higher, some a bit lower. But I would say pretty much the same.

Well here it is, Posting here first :
1992 Yamaha Vmax 1200
Carbs cleaned and refurbished new parts
New carb to intake plenum rubber boots.
Bike has been fully restored and maintained
Original paint
Polished Black chromed scoops, side panels headlight bezel, etc.
Dynatek Ignition upgrade
SuperTrapps Exhaust with Professional black powder coated exhaust headers.
Freshly sealed and refurbished gas tank, fuel lines, and new fuel pump.
V-Boost works great no issues.
Custom tail light assembly
Progressive Rear Shocks
New battery
Have some extra parts that go with bike if wanted.
Low miles, garage kept
4000 obo....

Attachments

• IMG_20211110_173732.jpg
    IMG_20211110_173732.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Given that it sounds to be well-sorted, a buyer will fortunately reap the benefits of all that work. Knowing what the market's been like here in south Florida, I expect your sale price will be below your asking price. That doesn't mean by any means that you should ask something other than what you think it's worth. I hope you get every dollar of that. I have newer bikes I'm working to bring to-market, so your success means my prospects would be enhanced. Good luck, a sorted ride is worth more than a pig in a poke.

Real nice lookin 92. Locations are different, supply and demand are different and mostly condition and mileages are different. Bottom line is you will get what a seller is worth paying for it. The more you are able to get the word and pix out there the better chance you are of getting what you want out of it. True it's not the optima time of the year to sell unless say FL or AZ. But the right guy sees it and wants to add a 92 Yamaha Vmax in great condition to his collection would drop $5k into it. May take a bit and sounds like it doesn't owe you anything, get it out there where ever you can and sit on it. MHO

Congratulations, was it anywhere close to asking price? No need to reply if you choose not-to.

Good luck, a sorted ride is worth more than a pig in a poke.
Not if you are on a desert island with no food.

Take a leaf from Jesse Owens' book

He also challenged and defeated racehorses; as he revealed later, the trick was to race a high-strung Thoroughbred that would be frightened by the starter's shotgun and give him a bad jump. Owens said, "People say that it was degrading for an Olympic champion to run against a horse, but what was I supposed to do? I had four gold medals, but you can't eat four gold medals."

That bike, in that year, sold here in NJ for $2,600.00 from a bike dealer. The bike had 16,000 miles. The asking price was $2,900.00.
$5k I believe is a bit high on the ask. I'd start at $4k and wait a couple of weeks.

You can, if necessary, always come down.

I've seen these bikes sell for between $2,500 and $4,000 k frequently.

They are beautiful bikes but are not rare. If you're in the market for one you'll find it.

Good luck and ride safe.

Hello all, I am thinking about selling the Vmax, it's a 1992 with some upgrades but mostly stock, has 9081 original miles, garage kept and runs great, any ideas what I should ask for it? Thanks
dude if you where in OZ your 92 would fetch 3x that

Back