Primary driven gear interchange?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Butt

Reaction score
Hi all! Just joined the forum after much reading to get me out of trouble on many occasions.
I've had a look and can't find an answer on my current puzzle and was hoping someone could help!!!
What is the difference between part number 99999-02924-00 and 26h-16150-10-00 primary driven gears and are they interchangeable? I believe one is 85-96 and the other is 97-07. Thanks in advance!!

All 85-07 Baskets will interchange. I'm sure there was some sort of change but it did not affect interchangeability and functionality for all years.

Great! Thanks mate. I'm in Western Australia, and there isn't much help here for the max. From what I can see, the later one appears to have a flat machined around the gear at the base of the teeth and the tooth profile appears to be slightly different. Thanks again for your advice.
P.s. probably not the correct thread to ask, but any ideas on what causes the pin retainer teeth on the old style shifter segment to bend?

I would speculate side loading and simple poor design. That's why it's nice that the later version bolts right in place (and the dealer doesn't know about this).

Latest posts

Back