Pro taper bars installed on 1700 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil'skeet

Reaction score
20190622_151527.jpg 20190622_151515.jpg 20190622_151611.jpg 15612349389231814247171.jpg 1561234972916590781898.jpg Just finished installing pro taper evo bars on my 09 vmax. Could not find info on the stock bends so did some careful measuring to find them and some more measuring to see where I want the new ones. Ended up being the factory KTM bend. Left them the full width and the feel perfect so far. Factory bars had me feeling cramped so I turned them up to get me by. The offset on the factory bars had the grips angling up a lot but was rideable. Just to help anyone else out with the same dilemma, I am 6'3", 215lbs. I'll have pictures by the end of the day. Best $ spent yet other than Tim (gurued gear) getting my computer dialed in.

Last edited:
Just finished installing pro taper evo bars on my 09 vmax. Could not find info on the stock bends so did some careful measuring to find them and some more measuring to see where I want the new ones. Ended up being the factory KTM bend. Left them the full width and the feel perfect so far. Factory bars had me feeling cramped so I turned them up to get me by. The offset on the factory bars had the grips angling up a lot but was rideable. Just to help anyone else out with the same dilemma, I am 6'3", 215lbs. I'll have pictures by the end of the day. Best $ spent yet other than Tim (gurued gear) getting my computer dialed in.

I didn't like the stock bars much myself, they hurt my wrists after a while on the bike.

I bought a new set of wider flatter bars for both of my Gen 2's from Sean Morley. They worked out great, I'm happy with them. He can provide them with the threaded inserts installed for bar ends, just like the stock ones.

I didn't like the stock bars much myself, they hurt my wrists after a while on the bike.

I bought a new set of wider flatter bars for both of my Gen 2's from Sean Morley. They worked out great, I'm happy with them. He can provide them with the threaded inserts installed for bar ends, just like the stock ones.

Got any pics?? How much wider??

I'm not sure how much wider they are, Sean could tell you. maybe an inch or 2. What I like is that the rise is less and most of all the - setback?....how far the ends turn toward the rider is much less. That was what bothered my wrists.
I forgot to mention Sean can also send them with the pin and hole locators in place just like the stock bars (as seen in the photos).

IMG_20170602_131920752.jpg

IMG_20170602_131952895.jpg
IMG_20170603_173746014_HDR.jpgIMG_20170603_171756446.jpg

Them sure are nice looking. You add the carbon look??
Won't match anything on my 18. What's Sean get for a pair?
I'm not sure bars are my problem, I think it's the small diameter of the stock grips. My hands cramp something fierce, especially my right hand. My arms are good.

Last edited:
Them sure are nice looking. You add the carbon look??
Won't match anything on my 18. What's Sean get for a pair?
I'm not sure bars are my problem, I think it's the small diameter of the stock grips. My hands cramp something fierce, especially my right hand. My arms are good.

Sean has them in different finishes....my whole bike is CF that's why I went with those.

You'd have to email Sean for a price, I don't remember. [email protected]

Fatter grips are an easy and inexpensive fix....check out Ebay. Any 7/8" grip will fit....you might also look at "grip puppies" https://tinyurl.com/y4bwckbv. I've never used them but I know several people that have and like them a lot.

All I have left is black.
Gen 2 Superbike Bar
$90 shipped as is. This would require sanding down the alignment nubs on the controls (which other guys selling you bars tell you to do) and no inserts for the OEM bar ends (grips would still work but a new bar end or bar end mirror would be required).
$110 shipped with alignment holes drilled but no inserts
$120 shipping if you want the inserts installed but no holes drilled.
$130 shipped and it will be drilled and prepped for all the OEM parts to fit just like stock (with holes in the bars to line up the controls and inserts in the ends for the oem bar ends).

I'm not sure how much wider they are, Sean could tell you. maybe an inch or 2. What I like is that the rise is less and most of all the - setback?....how far the ends turn toward the rider is much less. That was what bothered my wrists.
I forgot to mention Sean can also send them with the pin and hole locators in place just like the stock bars (as seen in the photos).

View attachment 69558

View attachment 69557
View attachment 69559View attachment 69556
What is this tyre ?

View attachment 69558

View attachment 69557
View attachment 69559View attachment 69556
Who makes those mirrors? They look great!

Latest posts

Back