Progressive 412 Adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
So this may be a newbie question, but thought I would throw it out here before I dub too deep. I cannot seem to determine how to adjust these shocks. Some of the 412 it seems dont have the chrome covers that come all the way to the bottom of the shock and it would be pretty straight forward to adjust with the proper spanner wrench. With the ones I have (as pictured) you cannot access that same area that you apply the spanner wrench to adjust preload. Any help is much appreciated. I am hoping Idont have to take them off the bike but that is my next step without some further help/insite.

Thanks All!
progressive412chrome.jpg

Info on the web says that particular shock should come with a 'special' wrench for adjusting the preload. I couldn't find a pic of it.

I found a couple pics on ebay. Looks like a double pronged spanner wrench.

Progressive springs 2.jpg

progressive springs.jpg

So that wrench must fit boy the "bowtie" looking opening towards the bottom and that entire lower chrome cover must rotate to adjust? Anyone think this sounds right? Might have to give progressive a jingle if no one has experience with this. Figured Sean would have a definitive answer to solve it.

Thanks for those pics, I should be able to find one of those wrenches.

^ That's what it looks like to me.
They are similar to the round holes in the Lower portion of the Stock Shocks.

Attachments

• Stock_Shock_PreLoad_Adjustment_2.JPG
    Stock_Shock_PreLoad_Adjustment_2.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 14
Back