Progressive 418's on Ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they yours? I am thinking about buying them less than a hour to go :ummm:

No, not mine - just seen them on ebay - but to short for me - so thought I would post for whoever is interested.

Mike

Yep, just bought them. Hope they are not to short for me. Why would they be to short anyway? :ummm:

Yep, just bought them. Hope they are not to short for me. Why would they be to short anyway? :ummm:

You will have to cut down your sidestand and probably will have trouble getting leverage on your center stand. You'll have to lower the front end to match by either raising forks in the triple trees or using lowering blocks underneath the damper rods.

You'll also have less ground clearance under the bike - unless you go off-road a lot it won't really matter that much under the engine, but it does also mean that you'll be scraping pegs/center stand/exhausts that much earlier in turn too, especially when riding two-up.

Already Had Sean M cut me down and chrome a side stand, took off the center stand almost the day I bought it. Progress front springs are in the very near future. Why would a wider rim make you go back to 13s Fender clearance ? or just liked the taller shocks ? :ummm:
Rick

If I do anything other than act my age with the wife on the back
trust me she lets me know it. LOL .But when she's not on I get 20years younger quickly. watch out pegs :biglaugh:

Already Had Sean M cut me down and chrome a side stand, took off the center stand almost the day I bought it. Progress front springs are in the very near future. Why would a wider rim make you go back to 13s Fender clearance ? or just liked the taller shocks ? :ummm:
Rick

Clearance issue when the bike was loaded and two up - tire would rub just slightly, which could have been fixed easily, but I didn't like the short progressive 412's would bottom out too much when bike was loaded.

Mike

Back