• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Progressive Fork Springs -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
SOLD

Up for consideration I have a set of Progressive Fork Springs.

Reason for sale: I weigh maybe 160 lbs. on a real heavy day and never have a passenger and I just couldn't find a happy medium with the springs (stiffness) no matter how much I shortened the PVC spacers that came with the springs in an effort to reduce preload.

The good - They are brand new with about 200 miles on them while I test rode to check stiffness.

The bad - I cut the PVC spacers that came with the springs down 1/4" at a time while I was test riding in between cuts and now the PVC spacers are 8" long which gives 1/2" of preload before the threads on the fork caps engage the threads of the fork leg.

The good - A 10' section of PVC pipe only cost about $2 at Lowes or Home Depot and you can cut them to any length you want for preload (and the 8" sections from the original pieces will also be in the box).

$40 + shipping + paypal fees (if paypal is used)

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
Re: Progressive Fork Springs

How long are the spacers normally? Will they fit an 06?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pm sent

They must have been about 9 1/2" inches to start with because I distinctly remember cutting them 6 times.

Yes, they will fit an '06, that is what I have.

John

Damn Chris, you beat me to it. I'm second in line!
Im on it lol. Prolly gonna buy em. Waiting for a price on shipping.

Sold

Latest posts

Back