Progressive set up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxmanic

Reaction score
I had progressive springs put in my forks the handling is much better but there seems to be a thunk everytime I hit a bump. The mech says the springs are too hard and it warps and hits the side of the fork. Is this correct or did he just install them wrongly?? Or could the piping be too short and hitting the upper part of the fork?? Help........
:confused2:

maxmanic said:
I had progressive springs put in my forks the handling is much better but there seems to be a thunk everytime I hit a bump. The mech says the springs are too hard and it warps and hits the side of the fork. Is this correct or did he just install them wrongly?? Or could the piping be too short and hitting the upper part of the fork?? Help........
:confused2:

I always thought that a thunk when you hit a bump meant your suspension is bottoming out which means your springs are too weak or the wrong weight of oil was used. Also check your steering head bearings and where your front end bolts in the neck, it may be loose.

Latest posts

Back