• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Progressive shocks price reduced - sold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick67ca

Reaction score
View attachment 68721 D011536F-533C-4DF7-AC36-D8C3628C7664.jpeg Here is a set of black progressive rear shocks for a VMax 1200. They were removed from a 97 in good condition. I am returning the bike to stock height and no longer need these. 11.5” from top to bottom. See photo for load rating. Pick up in Oceanside CA or you pay shipping. $100 for the set. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Yamaha never offered them in gold but they look good. Would give that "midnight special edition" look.

A neighbor's son had a Yamaha XS1100 "Midnight Special Edition" gold-trimmed bike he wanted to get-rid-of. It didn't run, and was like that for years. The bike was a couple blocks from a brackish water connection to the ocean, so the salt air had done a number on the black & gold finish. The bike had a lot of that white oxidation that aluminum gets from salt, so it definitely wasn't "clean," and as a non-operable bike, it was 'way-overpriced. I would've taken it for $500, but for three-times that, no-way!

The John Player Special Nortons always looked pretty-good, I thought.

A Yamaha VMax with a tasteful amount of gold trim could look neat, but it's a delicate balance between 'neat' and garish. I would say, "less is more." For wheels, a gold rim and black centers would look better to-me than an all-gold wheel. Contrast that with some 1/4" pinstriping boxing-out the body tins' lines, maybe a few smaller brackets also done in gold, maybe the calipers, and you would have a tasteful combination.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back