Progressive springs vs. Racetech

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitek

Reaction score
I have racetech springs installed and I'm getting free springs from progressive because of the promotion they are having. How do they compare? Are progressive better? Should I swap them? or just put them on ebay?

Vitek

Not sure of the differences. But, if you get rid of them offer them to someone here before ebay. just a thought.

Progressives are "progressive" wound and Race-Tech are not. I have had both on two different Maxes and like the Race-Tech slightly better. The Progressive dive more initially but stiffer up quickly. The Race-Tech dive less but have a stiffer ride. If you get Race-Tech get the .95 rated springs unless you weigh at least 220 or so. I have the 1.0 rated springs and they are too stiff as I weigh 160 dry. In fact, if anyone wants to swap Race-Tech .95's for the 1.0's, let me know.

I had put Progressive springs on my bikes since the late 70's till my last two bikes and was happy with the results. My last two have had Race-Techs. In addition to my Max, my 1200 Bandit had .95's and they worked great. Wish I had stayed with the .95's instead of going up to the 1.0's though.

I have race techs in my max and I love them. I think of it this way, race techs are like more of a custom tuned spring based on your body weight, progressives are more of a one size fits all deal. I prefer race techs and I am also using the ricor emulators and love those also.

I forgot to mention I have the Race-Tech emulators installed which improves the damping also. Progressive does not offer an equivalent but the emulators can be used with the Progressive springs also.

So looks like I will keep my racetech and sell my progressive springs and get ricoh or racetech emulators to improve my forks. Thanx guys!

Anyone interested in brand new progressive springs here with lowering kit?
PM if interested
I will put them on ebay once I receive them.

Vitek

Back