Putting back rear wheel / Lithium base grease?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-V

Reaction score
I am putting back the rear wheel, and manual indicates to apply "Lithium base grease" on the gear as pic shown. Any brand or grease that I can buy for this?IMG_E7654.JPG

vv608.jpg

Grease; 16 Ounce; This excellent general-purpose EP grease is designed for both automotive and industrial uses. It is recommended as a chassis and wheel-bearing lubricant for some automobiles and trucks equipped with non-disc brake wheel bearings (drums).
  • Excellent water resistance
  • Lubricates at temperatures ranging from -5°F to 275°F
  • NLGI #2 Grade Lithium 12-Hydroxysterate EP Grease
  • GM 4733-m; GM 6031-M; Chrysler MS-3701; NLP LB
One type you can use.

vv608.jpg

Grease; 16 Ounce; This excellent general-purpose EP grease is designed for both automotive and industrial uses. It is recommended as a chassis and wheel-bearing lubricant for some automobiles and trucks equipped with non-disc brake wheel bearings (drums).
  • Excellent water resistance
  • Lubricates at temperatures ranging from -5°F to 275°F
  • NLGI #2 Grade Lithium 12-Hydroxysterate EP Grease
  • GM 4733-m; GM 6031-M; Chrysler MS-3701; NLP LB
One type you can use.
Great thanks for the info!

Anything is better than nothing.

I believe the proper grease to use on the splines of the clutch hub, the "fingers" that engage the dampers of the rear wheel, and the splines on either end of the driveshaft is actually a molybdenum based grease with a HIGH moly content. Its more of a paste then grease. I install it with a flux brush. Honda 60 is one such type. There are plenty of others too.

If you use a regular lithium based grease, don't go overboard. It can fling off and make a mess.

Anything is better than nothing.

I believe the proper grease to use on the splines of the clutch hub, the "fingers" that engage the dampers of the rear wheel, and the splines on either end of the driveshaft is actually a molybdenum based grease with a HIGH moly content. Its more of a paste then grease. I install it with a flux brush. Honda 60 is one such type. There are plenty of others too.

If you use a regular lithium based grease, don't go overboard. It can fling off and make a mess.
Ok, Thanks. I will put Yamalube molybdenum grease for both clutch hub and rear wheel splines.

Latest posts

Back