Putting the mighty V4 back together...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headwork

Reaction score
Hello again all.

I am about to start assembly on my '93 max's engine. I ripped it to shreads because i lost second gear on the poor thing. So, I sent the tranny down to Rodney at Pro Chassie Racing to have the tranny backcut and made right again. (Dogs were rounded and shift fork was bent.) Expect it back soon and I was just looking for any advice out there as to things to look out for or other things I should take care of while she's in pieces.

Any advice, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to miss something that the service manual left out or that i should do while i'm inside the engine.

Thanks all. :cheers:

P.S. Its a '93 with about 19,000 miles. Stage 7 jet kit and supertrapps. I have had no other problems other than the starter motor just going on me before i tore into it.

Make very certain you hit all the mating surfaces with Yamabond... Do not miss any...:whistlin:

I always follow three rules when working with internals of engines and transmitions.
1. Keep it Clean!
2. Keep it Clean!!
3. Keep it Clean!!!

Hello again all.

I am about to start assembly on my '93 max's engine. I ripped it to shreads because i lost second gear on the poor thing. So, I sent the tranny down to Rodney at Pro Chassie Racing to have the tranny backcut and made right again. (Dogs were rounded and shift fork was bent.) Expect it back soon and I was just looking for any advice out there as to things to look out for or other things I should take care of while she's in pieces.

Any advice, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to miss something that the service manual left out or that i should do while i'm inside the engine.

Thanks all. :cheers:

P.S. Its a '93 with about 19,000 miles. Stage 7 jet kit and supertrapps. I have had no other problems other than the starter motor just going on me before i tore into it.

Make sure the tranny shifts good before cranking all the engine cases in tight.Its a little tricky assembling the engine halfs and getting the forks all in the right place.I rebuilt my own bottom end 2 years ago by myself.Its still screaming after much abuse.I had my tranny back cut and had the bores cut but did all the assembly myself.Later I found out from Rod(after I met him)that there is a lot that could have gone wrong.Lucky I guess.

Back