Quad City/Eastern Iowa Maxers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

Reaction score
Nathan here from Davenport, IA. I have recently become the Iowa chapter leader for the VMOA. I am going to be trying to set up some rides and get togethers here in the Quad Cities. I usually make it to at least one Bike Night a week around here (usually Ducky's in Andalusia, IL). Please PM me if for direct email contact on these round ups. I will also have these posted here http://www.vmoa.net/xoops/modules/content/index.php?id=13 on the VMOA "great plains" regional news page.

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Re: Quad Cities owners

Hey Nathan...

I think we have met once... :ummm:

Hmm... I might be up for a day ride sometime!

Let us know!

Last edited:

Nathan here from Davenport, IA. I have recently become the Iowa chapter leader for the VMOA. I am going to be trying to set up some rides and get togethers here in the Quad Cities. I usually make it to at least one Bike Night a week around here (usually Ducky's in Andalusia, IL). Please PM me if for direct email contact on these round ups. I will also have these posted here http://www.vmoa.net/xoops/modules/content/index.php?id=13 on the VMOA "great plains" regional news page.

You can post the rides here too if you want.

i really enjoy the quad cities when i visit, they have everything.

Boys tomorrow im off to good old denver colorado, the to the bottom of california working all the way up the west coast to the tip top of washington. Starting a storm drain cleaning contract for target stores. YIPPY! :eusa_dance:

Sent you a PM. I decided to keep my bike and would like to meet up sometime and go for a ride. I finally found another v-max rider near me. Im going to tell him about this site and try to get him to ride along. A lot of heads turn everywhere I ride my bike, it would be bad a$$ to be riding around with a few more maxs. I only live about 35 miles from Davenport, let me know if you ever want to go for a ride.

Sent you a PM. I decided to keep my bike and would like to meet up sometime and go for a ride. I finally found another v-max rider near me. Im going to tell him about this site and try to get him to ride along. A lot of heads turn everywhere I ride my bike, it would be bad a$$ to be riding around with a few more maxs. I only live about 35 miles from Davenport, let me know if you ever want to go for a ride.

I know he does and since he is now the IA VMOA director we can all have dinner on the VMOA... That is if you belong...

He is planning a ride I believe. Hopefully he will wait for 2009 as it looks like my bike MIGHT be done by then...:bang head: :bang head:

I have an awesome ride I want to take up around Dubuque and back but it is about 225 miles round trip so people would have to be cool with that...:thumbs up:

225 miles... may have to look into an aftermarket seat! Met Nathan at Duckies... nice guy and nice bike, even if he does occasionally misplace his keys! ;)

I'll be watching for ride dates!

225 miles... may have to look into an aftermarket seat! Met Nathan at Duckies... nice guy and nice bike, even if he does occasionally misplace his keys! ;)

I'll be watching for ride dates!

At least it was in his pocket... I usually leave it in the ignition...:bang head:

Yeah it's 225 miles... Cross over into IL up to Savana across into IA then up through Belview(sp?) and our destination is lunch in Balltown and then back...:clapping: :thumbs up:

I may make it over there some day... Well if I get my bike back to one piece again...

Ok folks...

I am looking at going on this ride Sunday the 16th to Balltown. It will be me a friend and some other cruiser riders that happen to also be customers of mine...

It's a heck of a distance! (225-250miles) I just saw Alton Brown from Feasting on Asphalt (Food Network show) doing his ride up the river and stopping at the VERY resturaunt that I want to go to! Looks like a nice destination so lets all go...

Let me know if you can go and we will setup a meeting point!:punk:

Oh and we are going to be at Ducky's Lagoon in Andalusia for bike night Thursday the 13th around 6:00 or so...:thumbs up:

Cheers,
Chris

Ok since none of you pussies :whistlin::biglaugh:could come out and play on Sunday I will throw out a ride up to Anamosa next Saturday the 22nd starting in the morning. Ride up to J&P maybe go to the museum (pretty good) and grab lunch and ride back. Right now it's looking like 5 of us... So who's in?:ummm:

Come on... I can't be the only Max again.:bang head:

Cheers,
Chris

By the way... The ride to Ball Town was flipping fantastic! I mean the roads up there are awesome! Your loss... lol

Ok since none of you pussies :whistlin::biglaugh:could come out and play on Sunday I will throw out a ride up to Anamosa next Saturday the 22nd starting in the morning. Ride up to J&P maybe go to the museum (pretty good) and grab lunch and ride back. Right now it's looking like 5 of us... So who's in?:ummm:

Cheers,
Chris

By the way... The ride to Ball Town was flipping fantastic! I mean the roads up there are awesome! Your loss... lol

I am in.
Thanks again for continuing to rub in about the ride to Balltown...:th_flipthebird: You know I would have gone if family would have allowed. Make sure to contact all you can and I will do the same.

Later.

Wish I could go but I've been helping my dad in the fields. Time to start tearing my bike down for paint and an 01 gsxr1000 front end anyway.:punk:

I am in.
Thanks again for continuing to rub in about the ride to Balltown...:th_flipthebird: You know I would have gone if family would have allowed. Make sure to contact all you can and I will do the same.

Later.

270 miles and my ass was screamin "get me the f&%k off this thing... :stickyman:

At about 185 miles I slipped the Air Hawk on to help out a bit. The seat is amazingly more comfy but it IS still a Vmax and a dropped one at that... Definetley going to raise the rear at least a half inch if not a full inch...:whistlin:

Keep taking off my sidestand or scratching my pegs...:bang head:

Cheers,
Chris

I'd love to meet you guys down with a few central Iowa riders, we'll see what's shakin'. I'm not sure if I can make it with the Friday night ride to I town though.

Bump... Looks like there will be 8-9 of us so far...:thumbs up: Not all Vmax's but still... There may be a couple of 1200 sportsters to humiliate...:whistlin:

Here I go again with the excuses: I gotta work Saturday! Several days ago I even planned my weekend golfing for Saturday afternoon so Sunday would be free, thinking Sunday was the riding day! Have fun!

P.S. Me and a buddy (Jim w/ the 'Busa and M109--some of you have met him) may do the poker run or just a jaunt up to Savannah on Sunday... anybody up for that?

Back