Question about a year and color

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklightning

Reaction score
I have been looking at 2nd. gen. Vmax for some time now. I have come across a great deal on a 2014 Vmax with less than 4k miles and about 10 months left on the warranty. But the bike is maroon in color. As I understand it, the maroon color was for 2015, and 2014 was a matte grey finish. Is there a possibility that there can be a maroon 2014? I asked if he had changed the tins, but was told no. I will do more investigation before making a purchase, but inquiring minds would like to know.

Keith

I have been looking at 2nd. gen. Vmax for some time now.

Your sure have Keith! Holy smokes, get off the fence! No more excuses!!

Only the 2015 came in "Black Cherry".

The tins may have been changed.....I changed mine on my 2009.

More likely that they are stating the year incorrectly. I've seen that before.

It's my understanding that the ONLY thing that's different year to year is the factory color. My 2015 is Black Cherry (maroon) with a frame label manufacture date of 10/14. He could have bought a 2015 in late 2014, or he's just going off the frame label. So that may be the confusion.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

From what I have been told from 2009 to present nothing has changed except the color. Just like the gen 1's they never changed except the colors each year. I have a 2015 and it is "Black Cherry"

Your bike looks amazing! I took my spyder in for some warranty work yesterday and sat on a 2015 Vmax in their showroom. It felt amazing. After my incident with the zzr, we (my wife mainly) decided to go another way. So I have decided to wait until my daughter is out or nearly out of college before getting another toy. She will be graduating this December, and I cannot wait. I am still on the fence between getting a 2nd. gen. vmax and another M109. Price and availability will be deciding factors, but either way, I think I will be happy.

Hey itgpes,
I have the same model Vmax and I want the same kind of rear seat or whatever you call it. Do you have a link about that and where you bought it I want mine to look like that.

Ron

Hey Ron, that's a Yamaha/Star accessory. You can find it here: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oe...29b6c87a866079834c1b9/vmax-stiletto-seat-cowl

They usually have the best prices around.

Mark

I was just there and going to order one for $224 but they wanted $40 for shipping & handling. So I guess I will have to find it elsewhere or not get it. I hate when a place rapes you on prices.

I just found one at [FONT=&quot]PASADENA YAMAHA for $265 total price. that's about $20 to $40 less than any other place. Can't wait to get it.[/FONT]

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a source for this rear seat at a reasonable price? I cannot seem to find a new one, and used ones are now going for up to $500. Kinda hard to part with that kind of money for something that no one will ever sit on.

I have cores I can sell outright if you don't need a reshaped seat. Both for gen 1 and gen 2 bikes. I have covers only as well if that's all you need. Email me at [email protected]

I have been looking at 2nd. gen. Vmax for some time now. I have come across a great deal on a 2014 Vmax with less than 4k miles and about 10 months left on the warranty. But the bike is maroon in color. As I understand it, the maroon color was for 2015, and 2014 was a matte grey finish. Is there a possibility that there can be a maroon 2014? I asked if he had changed the tins, but was told no. I will do more investigation before making a purchase, but inquiring minds would like to know.

Keith
I have a 2015 and it's the black cherry!

From what I have been told from 2009 to present nothing has changed except the color. Just like the gen 1's they never changed except the colors each year. I have a 2015 and it is "Black Cherry"
I think it's actually called black chrome

Back