Question about Thunder in the valley?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Is this just a big motorcycle rally or do they have a local race track and drag race for the event too? Going to really try to get the time off of work this year to go but if there is drag racing I'll just trailer my bike but if not I'll ride down. Just don't want to break a driveshaft or something and be stranded so far away from home.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

Scott i will get with you on thunder as soon as i can. me and 3 others from michigan will be going.

Scott i will get with you on thunder as soon as i can. me and 3 others from michigan will be going.

Cool, as long as I let my boss know with plenty of advance I can make it. I'll probably take off Friday and Monday and leave Thursday night. Just trying to figure out if I'll be racing while I'm down there or not.

I've personally seen broken drive shafts changed out for new ones right there in the Motel parking lot. Just saying.....

But when Shala & I went, we trailered as there just ain't any way for me to pack enough 'stuff' for that length of stay on the back of my Vmax.

Yea I've got a couple spares I could bring with me if I tow it along with nitrous, race gas, tools, ect but if I'm not racing then I'll just ride down and enjoy myself. I'd be arriving late Thursday night and leaving Sunday afternoon or evening so I wouldn't have to pack heavy at all. We'll have to check their schedule Todd cause I wouldn't be opposed to trying to race.

It would be great to have ya along Scott!...........Some of the best riding and folks I have had the pleasure to experience!...........I trailer down and have tools, jack, etc, on hand, I could carry your spares down if you choose to ride.....................Tom.

Wonder where that might have been lol!

Yeah Sean, you may think I mean Eureka Springs, and there have prolly been more than one changed out there, but not when I was present. Complete carb jobs at night using only LED helmet light, yes. Driveshafts, no.

The shaft I saw changed out on a parking lot was Vmax Mike's at Thunder just this year.

It would be great to have ya along Scott!...........Some of the best riding and folks I have had the pleasure to experience!...........I trailer down and have tools, jack, etc, on hand, I could carry your spares down if you choose to ride.....................Tom.

If I'm not racing (doesn't look real promising) then I'm riding, I just have to keep from beating the hell out of it and I'll be fine. I rode 300 miles to Wilmington OH this summer and just rode fairly easy while I was there, I'll ride my bike anywhere really weather permitting but don't like beating the hell out of it unless I'm close to home or at the track with my trailer. When I snapped the driveshaft on the Dowagiac ride and was stranded around Gun Lake that sucked bad!! lol

The Days Inn parking lot saw two shaft changes last June, Mikes at the end of the week and mine at the beginning.............I keep a spare on hand now!............................Tom.

On the ride to west virginia i dont remember anyone beating the bikes hard enough to brake a driveshaft. We beat on them but not in the way that you would bust anything. The only bust that i can remember that could have happen was well you would have to be on the ride to know that answer. LOL. Hell one guy was having so much fun he was floating around with his feet on the highway pegs most of the time. I will see what i can put togather this year. I almost forgot about the wicked dirt bike hill climb rick took us to. It wasent us drag racing at the strip but we did go see some crazy people try to climb a mauntain side. Scoot plan on going trust me you will have fun. maybe we can find a set up that will carry two bikes down and take turns riding and four of us can stick togather and split the gas on the rig and trailer going down. first let find a track and find out dates.

Tom and I had talked about heading down to Tail of the Dragon for M-W then over to Thunder for the festivities at the hotel in Somerset.

I wish i could take that many days in a row but i like to spred the days over a few trips. You guys will have alot of fun on that trip. My plan is to leave thursday morning.

I still plan on making a week out of it again Brian, whenever your ready to start planning things let me know!................Tom.

Yeah i keep a drive shaft on hand ask Beekeeper, im local have tools and a garage. I dont think any drag racing goes on that week but you check.

I put a call in and im waiting to hear from a track in new alexandria. Im thinking half day drag racing and a nice long ride to west virginia. Or maybe ride through west virginia on the way down. who know what i will come up with. LOL..........Mike

Back