Question on $ to order parts vs sending carbs out to get cleaned/rebuilt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB

Reaction score
For a bone stock 1986 Gen 1 bike 16,500 miles... What is the approximate cost to get all the necessary gaskets/seals from Yamaha individually? Doubt it would need needle, needle valve, or other hard parts just seals and gaskets.

And... What would it cost to send to one of the carb guys on the forum to go through clean/rebuild the carbs and ship back?

I can do the carb syncing at home when I reinstall. Just curious how much the difference would be in me cleaning and rebuilding at home vs sending out. If I pick this bike up this weekend I'm gonna do every bit of maintenance possible before spring so I'll be plenty busy with replacing all bearings, fluids, filters, plugs, lines/hoses, seals and gaskets, battery, tires, and cleaning/detailing. Would be kinda nice to yank carbs and then just slap them back on ready to go.

Will do... Thanks. I got the list of typical parts to look up prices from this thread. Trying to figure how muchl abor/shipping would be and if it's worth it to me. Got 4 other bikes I fiddle with and time is getting scarce anymore lol

I've had great luck rebuilding carbs with the "soft" parts that come with the relatively cheap kits off ebay. I've done two sets of Vmax carbs now using the gaskets and o-rings with no issues. While you can't go wrong with genuine Yamaha parts, I've found the gaskets and o-rings from these kits are sufficient to get the job done.

Reactions: SDB
I used Dannymax for a 2003 carb overhaul. He did a fantastic job, cleaned to perfection, all hardware replaced with stainless steel, bolts the carb on his test engine and does a sync, and then sends you the video of your carbs running on his test engine. Best money I've ever spent for service, $500. No fuss, no muss, bolted it on when it came back, final tweak sync for my motor, and done! Link for the video he sent me below. He is a member of this board too.

Latest posts

Back