Questions re. oil pan rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I'm in the process of checking/replacing o-rings, and in general inspecting the state of my oil pan/oil pump. I'm using the "VMAX ENGINE ASSEMBLY REFERENCE" CD-ROM that I purchased (I think it was through this site.)

I removed the unit that Yamaha calls the "DELIVERY PIPE ASSEMBLY" (part # 26H-Y1319-10-00). (It's the unit that has 4 vertical arms that go up into the crankcase, one arm going forward with the o-ring on the end, and a long arm that goes back horizontally and that is bolted vertically up into the crankcase.)

Anyway, that long back arm should have a specialized copper crush washer unit on the end of it that then crushes down when torquing the back bolt. But for the life of me, I can't find it ANYWHERE in the Yamaha parts diagrams, or in the service manual.

Can any of you enlighten me as to what part # it is and any service manual references to it?

Thanks very much!

Aaron

Looks like it comes with the oil delivery system. You can simply use standard copper crush washers if desired. The washers need to be a large enough hole that the bolt slops around a little to allow for the oil to pass it and into the block. It's common for them to break at the hinge when taking the bolt out but the sealing surfaces are usually still good.

Sean

Thanks for the info, guys...and isn't it odd that it doesn't seem to appear in ANY parts diagrams?

Elimax

It's there next to the dashed lines near the number 9. As I said, You can't buy it separately but you can see the dwg shows it.

Back