Quick Intro

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikeShack

Reaction score
Folks: My name is Amaury. I am writing just to say a quick hello and to intro myself to the group. I have been riding VMaxes since 1992. I had a Gen 1 which I sold and now own a Gen 2. I have loved the bike concept since I firs saw one back in 1988. I also have served the VMax community as the sole owner and operator of the now defunct Virtual Cycle Mall. A web store that sold unique Gen1 after market products from 2000 to 2003. I rode with fellow VMaxers during the Travel Channel So.Cal. video shoot of "Samurai on Wheels" in the winter of 2003. I also remember fellow riders such as Pat Ahearn, John Furbur, and Paul Venus!

On a less glamorous note I want to be honest and say that I have been kicked out twice from the StarVmax site for voicing a candid and not so politically correct opinion about some of the issues that go on on that forum. I am saying this up front to pre-empt any malicious future comments from some of the virulent StarVmax Forum's members that know my name and share membership in both forums.

Having said that, I am looking forward to contributing to the forum, reconnecting with some of the old guard members and making new friends as well.

Cheers,
Amaury :th_peace:

Welcome to the collective.
Don't worry about getting kicked off of the starmax site, There are a few here that have too.

Welcome BikeShack!

Politically correct can go eat a cock for all I care.
Everyone I've met on here is a good bloke. Remember that, and it's all cool. :biglaugh:

Sounds like you must know your stuff! Awesome! :biglaugh:

Welcome, I hope you enjoy. We all share the same illness.

Tx Guys! Let me just share some thoughts that have been in my mind for quite a while... I think that the SVM (StarVmax site) is not about the bike or VMax culture... its about money... you know.. I mean for as long as I have ridden the VMax the whole thingy was to have lots of fun together with other Max riders... We struggled with the same issues like the 'wobble of death' head shake and how to make a stage 7 to run smoothly in idle.

When I started the VirtualCycleMall site it was not about making money it was about giving my fellow maxers access to parts that were not readily available in the US. I did all for no personal financial gains or to advance my interest in my professional career ...

I mean our group of vmax riders had the usual biting back and forth between some classic rivalry (the old timers know about that too!) but there was no vicious banning and BS on what you can say or not say... the StarVmax changed all of that...

A No.Cal. IT guy that happens to ride VMaxes started a commercial experiment as part of a new Forum interface, dynamic content management, and as part of a Kunena development team.. in addition to that the site had as its primary objective to 'scrub' content so that the site had value appeal to its sponsors... so a bunch of jerks were 'hired' as moderators and unless you complied with their commercial agenda you were screwed!

Any comment that was deemed 'inflammatory' was censored, erased, and the members black balled by a group of 'bullies for hire'. Some of them are lurking around here... so hiding behind their 'keyboard' they systematic censored and shaped content to satisfy a commercial agenda.

The site has good content... don't get me wrong the whole StarVmax experiment worked... someone has been able to scrub and shape content in a manner to have commercial value.... too bad that it did so with disregard to the most valuable asset of any community.. its members' diversity of opinion and our freedom of speech.

I am unable to substantiate any of my claims with hard evidence... so for those offended or indignant with my words... take what I say as ranting... go out there for yourself and find out the truth. http://www.kunena.org/team

Cheers,
Amaury

Well there is none of that shit here, so enjoy your stay and some great conversation/information and help from fellow maxers!

I've heard through the grapevine some of the BS drama that goes on over at starvmax between the members, mods, and admins. No thanks, I have enough BS in my life, I don't need to add more to it.

When I got my Max I found both VMF and starvmax, and chose VMF since there was a lot more actual information here. I clicked through a few threads at SVMAX and found the usual internet pissing contest, where at VMF every thread had the questions answered with intelligent discussion.

Welcome. I too am banned from the Star site. They seemed to take my impressionations of the Gen 2 (and some of the products) to be an attack on the bike. They also wanted an incredible amount of money to be a "Vendor" even though I put much more effort into giving advise (for free) then I do hawking my products.

BUT, it's all good over here. There are plenty of disagreements and opinions and as long as it's in a civil manner then you don't usually have problems here.

Sean

I've heard through the grapevine some of the BS drama that goes on over at starvmax between the members, mods, and admins. No thanks, I have enough BS in my life, I don't need to add more to it.

When I got my Max I found both VMF and starvmax, and chose VMF since there was a lot more actual information here. I clicked through a few threads at SVMAX and found the usual internet pissing contest, where at VMF every thread had the questions answered with intelligent discussion.

+1 True that

+2

Very well said.

Welcome. I too am banned from the Star site. They seemed to take my impressionations of the Gen 2 (and some of the products) to be an attack on the bike.

Yea, but your a Gen II motor snatcher! ;-)

Banning you was a mistake. Your a great help to everyone I know. Myself included.

Holy S### I did not know it was you Sean!!! They banned you !!!! :surprise:

It was not until I read Tim's posting that I did a double take on your name and realized who you were... Man you were always helping folks over there.....:bang head:

That is a shame. At least Tim recognizes your contribution...

Glad to know you are here.

Amaury

Welcome. I too am banned from the Star site. They seemed to take my impressionations of the Gen 2 (and some of the products) to be an attack on the bike. They also wanted an incredible amount of money to be a "Vendor" even though I put much more effort into giving advise (for free) then I do hawking my products.

BUT, it's all good over here. There are plenty of disagreements and opinions and as long as it's in a civil manner then you don't usually have problems here.

Sean

Welcome ! Hope you like it hear. On second note I play on both sites & have no problems.

Tx Cpt. Kyle, your welcome is much appreciated!

AND For the record to all of those haters out there :))))

My differences with the SVM moderators and a handfull of their groupies aside I would not hesitate a second to extend a hand to a fellow Max rider any of them... we may have our differences in the forum (i am not known for being much of a politically correct talker our a groupie) but in real life I am always the first one to jump in the "mix" if one needs help and the last one to "leave a party" to make sure things are cleaned up if needed be...

Sooooo all the banning asides I say we move forward and we all enjoy riding!!! AND to all of the SVM moderators... if we meet one day face to face the first round of coffee or energy juice is on me... (sorry no alcohol while riding ;-))))))) )

Cheers :punk:

Amaury

It's all good! Like I said, we don't all have to agree but that's why this isn't the "Vmax hand job forum". We love the Vmax's and also have respect for all bikes!

Sean

Back