Quick note of thanks...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakers3

Reaction score
For all of the information on this forum and to all of you who have contributed!

Because of it I diagnosed; the need for a new battery, how to upgrade some of the wiring from the R/R, how to solve for a battery drain coming from the bike in the form of a short

Now I am riding again on this '89 ground pounder and enjoying every second!

The main culprit of my electrical issues was finding good earth. The grounds on the bike were going to a bolt on the frame under the seat. Nice that the frame had shiny paint/powder coating where the bolt attached, BUT paint/powder coating does not a good electrical conductor make. I took some sandpaper and made some nice exposed metal spots where the connections and bolt touch the frame and VIOLA!

Wakers3, glad the info worked out for you. Electrical issues can be very tricky sometimes on these bikes. :bang head:

Welcome !

Good grounds cannot be underestimated! I use a wire wheel to clean up things BUT I use a schmear of battery grease on top of things to keep oxidation at bay. Lastly, everybody likes a pat on the back so kudos to you for thanking the guys.

Well welcome to you wakers3! best vmax forum on this planet is what you've found here. :clapping:

Just wanted to clear this up - this is a VIOLA (attached pic)

Well done for making a good ground btw, but just to avoid corrosion down the line (rust isn't a very good conductor either) I recommend you put a little dielectric grease on that patch you sanded off.
And since I'm French, I can say 'et voila'

Attachments

• viola-iS-2.jpg
    viola-iS-2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
Viola, voila... Shrug. Any time you get a vmax back on the road an angel gets a booster rocket. Ya done good.

Back