Quick way to jump start VMax 2nd gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

jmcdonald

Reaction score
Is there q quick way to jump start the 2nd gen besides taking everything part to get directly to the battery cables???:confused:

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used a long flat screwdriver to carefully reach in to touch the post on the starter with my jumper cable on the shaft of the screwdriver.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
Some time ago on my Gen 2 it would not turn over with a good battery. After several attempts to push start it with no luck it finally started with the button. And it was fine for months then didn't again.

Tim Nash explained. The starting issue is usually the starter button or kick stand safety switch. My issue was the starter button which I now disassemble and clean every so often.

Tim also explained that untill the engine reaches some RPM the ECU does not turn on the ignition. In my case fortunately the bike started. The guys I was with pushed me and my VMAX all over a gas station parking lot with no luck..

what I learned.

Lunatic

Reaction score
I've pushed mine on my gravel drive by my self and got it started. And also pushed it on black top with the aid of my wife and not able to get it started. So kinda hit or miss on the whole able to push start this beast .

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
Maybe Tim can give us some input. It sure would be nice if there was a reasonable & reliable way to bump start a Gen2

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the harness for hooking up a trickle charger you can pickup a set of jumper cables that connect to it & then it's just a matter of connecting the alligator clamps to another vehicle. My son has a set & jumped his FZ6 from a car a few months ago.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
The problem is not so much the battery, but rather the 49 cent starter button that Yamaha put on these bikes.. Some corrosion and you're done..

Latest posts