Quieter UFO Street Pro baffles?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopcor

Reaction score
I put a UFO 4-2 Street pro on my bike- Love the way it looks and sounds, but I am planning a 12+ hr ride to the Tail of the Dragon in August, and I think I'll probably want to throw the pipes in the lake by the time I get there. I have used ear plugs, and they help, but have 3 other guys going with me on this trip, so I'm trying to save their eardrums as much as mine. Any suggestions? I'm looking for a set of slip in baffles to quiet it down temporarily till the ride is done. These pipes have the stock baffles(if you can call them that, lol) Thanks, Stan

Someone else may chime in but I've not heard of any. May I suggest you ride in the back.
:biglaugh:

I have the UFO Slash Cut system, and was tired of having to wear ear plugs and my usual riding partners just hated riding with me. I bought a couple of the mufflers from Sean Morley and had to modify the connector pipes by bending them a little. But, I am so very fucking happy that I did buy them, and so is everyone around me! These have a baffle that can be removed and I've ridden with them in and out and either way I love how it is now.

Attachments

• Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
These are sharp, I like the heat bluing on the tip:

Sean did a good job w/the 4/2's.

I have the UFO Slash Cut system, and was tired of having to wear ear plugs and my usual riding partners just hated riding with me. I bought a couple of the mufflers from Sean Morley and had to modify the connector pipes by bending them a little. But, I am so very fucking happy that I did buy them, and so is everyone around me! These have a baffle that can be removed and I've ridden with them in and out and either way I love how it is now.

Can we hear 'em too ? I like the bluing on the tip as well.

And UFO is unable/unwilling to proffer a solution to your conundrum ? Odd, he's all about service after the sale isn't he?...

Those Morely mufflers are pretty sweet, but just not in the cards at the moment- just looking for a quick,temp fix for this ride then they'll probably come right back out. I haven't contacted UFO yet- maybe he has a solution? Hope so

They look pretty sweet :punk: like others I'm liking that titanium look of the bluing on the tip.

Grim- we'll be there late on the 21st and headed home on the 24th- first time for me at the Tail (bucket list thing-I'll be 50 on the 23rd :) )and we're staying at the iron horse lodge in NC

Grim- we'll be there late on the 21st and headed home on the 24th- first time for me at the Tail (bucket list thing-I'll be 50 on the 23rd :) )and we're staying at the iron horse lodge in NC

IMHO , the ride from the Dragon back and forth to the Iron Horse Lodge on the Moonshiner - 28 Highway is far more enjoyable than the Dragon. :punk:

Awesome. We've been going up there once a year for the last few years. It's a blast! As already been hit on, the Dragon is very cool but they're tons of other roads that are just as fun and more enjoyable. Make sure you hit the Cherohala Skyway while you're there.

Also, I have no affiliation, but if you need something repaired (emergency type thing) get up with Wheelers Cycle shop on RT 129. Super nice guy that won't rake you over the coals.

http://www.wheelersperformance.com/

Enjoy yourself, and Happy Birthday!!

Thanks for the input, guys! I hope to ride as many of the local roads as I can while there, and the Skyway is definitely on the list. I also hope to make this an annual event, assuming I survive this one! :biglaugh:

I just saw the post re the VooDoo/UFO thread- On the Ebay page, it appears to me that the VooDoo mufflers are identical to the UFO slash cuts, and they offer a set of slip in silencers. Could be just the ticket!! :punk:

If he could get something like this to slip in i think it would be the ticket. But what do i know.

Attachments

• 2013-07-12_15-03-02_592.jpg
    2013-07-12_15-03-02_592.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2013-07-12_15-02-55_173.jpg
    2013-07-12_15-02-55_173.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
Mike- that does sound a little more mellow- Do you have both Baffles? And are they for sale?

These look pretty cool . I have a Marks exaust that needs a skin on one side that I would consider putting these on but its probably cheaper just to buy a new skin since im just selling it.

i got the quiet cap, and machined them out to 46mm, then fitted 51mm perf inside wrapped in fibreglass, still sounds meaty but quieter. compared to other bikes it still loud. i always ride with earplugs and it seems quiet to me, but my mates say its still got some bark to it.

Back