Quieting down the Star Rider Performance exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamatech

Reaction score
Hey yall, 1st post on the forum and have seen some great info coming from what seems to be a good group of dudes. I recently purchased my 1st vmax that already had a fully star rider performance street pro 4 into 2 exhaust. I love the sound when cracking my max open and it sounds brutal at idle. But as you all may know, this exhaust is....loud. So my question, is there anything I can purchase that may take it down just a notch? Star rider performance doesnt sell a quiet insert for these on there site and as I ride this to and from work in the wee hours of the morning I am looking for something to quiet this thing up during my ride ins. Thank you guys in advance.

I put 2 inch in and out glass packs on my voodoo exhaust. I was tired of riding with ear plugs. Good sound at cruise and idle, but barks pretty good when you open it up.

So you're running the voodoo headers with glass pack mufflers? Thats interesting, I done the same to an old 81 cb400t I had, on stock header pipes.

I emailed star rider performance this morning and am awaiting an answer. My exhaust definitely has a baffle in it already but I don't know if what they offer is what I already have or a quieter option, so we will see. Is Mike over star rider or is he a member on here?

Good looking bike by the way totalcomfort, I love the orange on the max.

Thanks, the color is a copper base powder over chrome. A diy powder coat job. Was happy with the way it turned out for a first timer. Got the Eastwood kit , still need to practice some more. Looks good but not a true pro job. Fit the budget though.

I have a MARKS 4/2/1 Stainless Steel system. Had him custom build an Aluminum Canister with a
SUPERTRAPP muffler. I can switch from Open to closed End Cap & add or detract the the amount Discs
to quiet it down. In the picture I have 21 Discs with open cap. Gets very loud.Clear Clutch Cover 012.jpg

Last edited:
Got ahold of star rider performance and they offer a baffle that comes wrapped with what they call, loose fill fiberglass and its supposedly their most quiet baffle for the megaphone cans. They offer baffles wrapped in stainless steel mesh, fiberglass mat and the loose fill. I'm going to see what I have in my baffle before I make a decision as their baffles are not cheap. DIY may work just as good.

Hey yall, 1st post on the forum and have seen some great info coming from what seems to be a good group of dudes. I recently purchased my 1st vmax that already had a fully star rider performance street pro 4 into 2 exhaust. I love the sound when cracking my max open and it sounds brutal at idle. But as you all may know, this exhaust is....loud. So my question, is there anything I can purchase that may take it down just a notch? Star rider performance doesnt sell a quiet insert for these on there site and as I ride this to and from work in the wee hours of the morning I am looking for something to quiet this thing up during my ride ins. Thank you guys in advance.
Call Mike Lees at SRP
They may not show on his site.
I know he has quite cores for my 4/2 system

Well I took my cans off and took the end caps out and it definitely already has baffles wrapped in fiberglass so according to SRP, I already have the quietest option they offer. The rep didn't mention anything about an insert they offer, he just offered baffles wrapped in the fiberglass instead of the steel mesh.

Back