R1 Carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBogo

Reaction score
Just a Question because i got a hold of cheap R1 carbs.

Is it possible, and if Yes, complicated to change the original vmax carbs with the R1 ones?

Side-draft vs. downdraft?

What's your plan? What do you hope to achieve? The stock carbs work well if clean.

and if combined with more air pressure? or the RamAIR system?

and it is not that i am not lucky with the power of the bike .... i am just looking for a new project.

You can do anything given enough time and money, but is the return going to be a realistic and economical use of those resources?

Look for the member on-here who is offering an intake manifold for Weber-style 2 bbl carbs for the VMax. There are many on-here interested in seeing someone use this set-up to generate some dyno numbers.
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/ditch-the-carbs.47896/

You are talking about a VMAX ..... and "Realistic and economical use of resources" ..... i don´t think this things fit together XD -

I like the Weber-double ... but i think the german TÜV don´t like them.

and my main intention is not to just BUY something finished but to build it by my own.

You are talking about a VMAX ..... and "Realistic and economical use of resources" ..... i don´t think this things fit together XD -

I like the Weber-double ... but i think the german TÜV don´t like them.

and my main intention is not to just BUY something finished but to build it by my own.

Plenty of "build it by your own" in the set-up offered by pro snap. The TUV approval is another thing.

The VMax carbs are much-maligned, but kept clean work well, with little care required. Left-sitting for months, the ethanol in gas today will crystallize in the pilot jets especially, causing problems. Use of something like Sta-Bil could help to reduce such issues, if your bike is am occasional ride, instead of something used at-least once a week.

Last edited:
Isn't the lack of throttle position and cam position sensors the big issue with a learning F.I. Steve-o?

Not really. When the first electronic fuel injection came out, there were no cam or crank sensors. Take the old school GM TBI engines for example. No cam sensor, no crank sensor. Whole process started on the distributor pick up coil. The GM TBI engines did have a TPS sensor. And I am sure a retro fit could be done to mount it for a reading.

However, there are some reads here about attempted FI on a Gen 1. Its basically the mapping that becomes the headache. Identical engines will not have the same mapping. So what may work for 1 will not work for another.

Y
Isn't the lack of throttle position and cam position sensors the big issue with a learning F.I. Steve-o?

For sure Dann-o, and the firing sequence also makes it difficult to configure. I was hoping the batch configuration, already out,and using the OEM carbs might lead to a multiport system down the road.

Last edited:
Back