R1 front end with cycle one off tripple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travolous

Reaction score
I just picked up this 2007 R1 complete front end as well as a cycle one off tripple tree for usd forks. I'm excited to install, which doesn't seem to be very much trouble, but does anybody know what type of timeframe I'm looking at? 8 hours expectancy overkill? 4 hours? Thanks!

Attachments

• R1 front.jpg
    R1 front.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 161
  • CCO tripple tree.jpg
    CCO tripple tree.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 157
I just picked up this 2007 R1 complete front end as well as a cycle one off tripple tree for usd forks. I'm excited to install, which doesn't seem to be very much trouble, but does anybody know what type of timeframe I'm looking at? 8 hours expectancy overkill? 4 hours? Thanks!

Congrats on coming to the Dark Side . Have you measured the difference in length between your stock forks and the R-1 ? Do the triples take into account this difference ? :punk:

Congrats on coming to the Dark Side . Have you measured the difference in length between your stock forks and the R-1 ? Do the triples take into account this difference ? :punk:
+1 I had to use fork extensions but my top triple tree didn't have any drop to it. You will probably need a better part of the day to swap everything over. That includes removing your OEM parts, bolting on new parts and figuring out how to mount your OEM risers, headlight and other bits. Not sure if your new triple trees account for that or not.

IF you have all the parts you need, it shouldn't take long.

Is the new wheel ready to go? Bearings good, dust seals good?
Are the calipers ready to go? Seals are good, pistons are clean, brake pads are good?
Are the rotors true? If you are replacing pads, prep the rotors!
Do you have new brake lines to install?
Do you need anything to make the vmax wiring plug into the R1 master brake switch?
What are you doing for a speedometer?
Do you have a fender and the hardware needed to install?
Fork Extensions- I would be buying a set of these if you don't have 'em. Even though COO's triple has a 1.5" or 2" drop, you will probably still want extensions. 2" extensions at that.

IF you have all the parts you need, it shouldn't take long.

Is the new wheel ready to go? Bearings good, dust seals good?
Are the calipers ready to go? Seals are good, pistons are clean, brake pads are good?
Are the rotors true? If you are replacing pads, prep the rotors!
Do you have new brake lines to install?
Do you need anything to make the vmax wiring plug into the R1 master brake switch?
What are you doing for a speedometer?
Do you have a fender and the hardware needed to install?
Fork Extensions- I would be buying a set of these if you don't have 'em. Even though COO's triple has a 1.5" or 2" drop, you will probably still want extensions. 2" extensions at that.

The new wheel is ready to go! Calipers are beautiful, break pads great, rotors great and matched to pads, and good seals. I don't plan on getting new brake lines, the ones on the R1 front should be ok.
Speedometer, I'm a little unsure of. I got a venture rear that I was hoping had the speedometer setup in, but I think maybe there are two different types?? Not sure on that one, will need to ask Morley. If that's a no go, I will buy a digital speedo with a magnet setup to calculate mph.
I will pick up a set of fork extensions, I was unaware of that, so thank you so much for the advice!
Lastly, I am more of a cruiser look person, so I'm ditching the front fender, anybody want to buy an R1 fender ;)

I think you can maybe put the warrior fender on it and it will even clear our carrozzeria wheels that way lol. You want a RS rear diff or we can modify your newer diff if it has the mounting location (can't remember what year they had it - look for the flat tear drop shape near the front of the housing).

Sean

I think you can maybe put the warrior fender on it and it will even clear our carrozzeria wheels that way lol. You want a RS rear diff or we can modify your newer diff if it has the mounting location (can't remember what year they had it - look for the flat tear drop shape near the front of the housing).

Sean

I'll take a look tonight, thanks ;)

Hi Travolous

Like i told you before you will need to correct the lowered position caused by R1 lower forks. COO also provides cup sleeves to install on top of your forks and raise your bike to stock location. If you fail to do that be prepared to dent your headers next time you climb your curb going to your garage. The R1 stock lines most likely will be short for your front. Bare in mind R1 uses narrower clip-ons and forks are shorter than R1. You can use your stock Vmax though you need to find a place to fix the brake line splitter that usually is fixed to the lower triple...

Got the front end completed. Have not riden yet. Picked up some 1" fork extensions from Sean. I think the COO triple accounts for 2" if I remember, and the R1 forks were 4" shorter, so I am sitting at 1" lower in the front.

Attachments

• vmax R1.jpg
    vmax R1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 169
Very nice , that's a great look . Are you going to leave the forks gold ?

Attachments

• DSC03251.jpg
    DSC03251.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 132
Got the front end completed. Have not riden yet. Picked up some 1" fork extensions from Sean. I think the COO triple accounts for 2" if I remember, and the R1 forks were 4" shorter, so I am sitting at 1" lower in the front.

Nice.

Need to factor in the front wheel difference too. 17" wheel with a 120/70 is 2.2" lower than a 18" wheel with a 110/90. Split that in half since half the wheel is above the axle. Tom advertises a 1.5" drop in his triples. Looks like you may be 2.5" lower than stock ride height.

Mine were gold when I got them but had a couple small scratches in the anodizing. I considered polishing them myself, briefly. I tore them down and sent the tubes to Sean for chrome. They were polished and chromed for a very fair price.

Attachments

• Baker fork.jpg
    Baker fork.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 65
Nice.

Need to factor in the front wheel difference too. 17" wheel with a 120/70 is 2.2" lower than a 18" wheel with a 110/90. Split that in half since half the wheel is above the axle. Tom advertises a 1.5" drop in his triples. Looks like you may be 2.5" lower than stock ride height.

Mine were gold when I got them but had a couple small scratches in the anodizing. I considered polishing them myself, briefly. I tore them down and sent the tubes to Sean for chrome. They were polished and chromed for a very fair price.

Your right, thanks for the clarification. When I sat on the bike, It did feel a lot lower, and the front height to me (5'10") felt fantastic. I can't wait to ride it. Sunday will be my first ride.
I love the chrome forks BTW. I have always loved the look of the black/gold R1, so I figured I'd take the chance and go with it. I believe it turned out to be a wise choice! Now off to the Harley show so they all can admire a real bike.

One thing I would mention, the triple tree from cycle one off had some issues. it was 1/4 inch to wide in total (1/8" per side). So getting the brakes on was not just a direct bolt up. Also, the two holes drilled for the headlight were not the right spacing apart. They were also too wide, so I had to make a bracket to mount the headlight. Not something that should have been an issue, not sure whats up with that!

get a couple 1/8" rings to bring the rotors out or if its not radial brakes you can get spacers for the calipers and possibly longer bolts if needed... You will probably need spacers for the fender as well if it doesn't fit into place, it might though. small displacement there... You gonna need wider axle spacers as well...

get a couple 1/8" rings to bring the rotors out or if its not radial brakes you can get spacers for the calipers and possibly longer bolts if needed... You will probably need spacers for the fender as well if it doesn't fit into place, it might though. small displacement there... You gonna need wider axle spacers as well...

Yeah, I did the spacers! I just thought it would not need anything since they are made for the forks. Would have been good to know before hand! Have you ever heard of anybody running without the side scoops? I know the coolant filler and valve are on the right side and vboost on the left, but I like the look of it.

Latest posts

Back