Quantcast

R1 gold dot

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Poolio

Reaction score
I bought the tool to remove the gold dots because im powder coating the caliper gold. Can I chrome the gold inserts or is there somewhere I can order silver ones?

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
I don't know if you can chrome them but one consideration would be if the extra thickness of the chrome would be problematical.

I have had bolts chromed in the past and that prevented them form going into the thread. A bit of brute force overcame that but all that achieved was a slightly damaged thread and the chrome coming off in places.
With the finer thread on the inserts that may exasperate the issue.

one2dmax

Reaction score
I have chromed them or we can freshly anodize the gold (along with other colors). I can't find the pics of the chromed inserts and can't remember what it took to get them back in (other then the threads are masked off). There are plain silver inserts from other models like the Warrior that can be used too.

Attachments

02GF74

Reaction score
I'm liking your work there -are the black ones powder coated or painted?

re:
There are plain silver inserts from other models like the Warrior that can be used too.
Yamaha MT07 aka Tracer 700 and XSR 700 (same? = these may go under a different name in the US) and occasional FZ1 have the silver spot.

Buy a set, swap out the spots and then sell on - you know they will fit without any issues. e.g. ebay item: 323782631857 $40 - some daage to calliper but spots are good.

My MT07

Attachments

El Canadiense

Reaction score
I'm liking your work there -are the black ones powder coated or painted?

re:

Yamaha MT07 aka Tracer 700 and XSR 700 (same? = these may go under a different name in the US) and occasional FZ1 have the silver spot.

Buy a set, swap out the spots and then sell on - you know they will fit without any issues. e.g. ebay item: 323782631857 $40 - some daage to calliper but spots are good.

My MT07
I had installed these without any problems on my 2001. They look awesome and performed flawlessly. 20180908_150605 (3).jpg20180908_150542.jpg

Latest posts