R1 tripple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
Hey any of you guys make these and if so, Whats your price? I am changing every other piece of this bike, so why not put an r1 front end in. That way it will match the rear wheel as well. Thanks guys

Yea, it seems ridiculous what they sell for, but at the same time the raw material is pricey and there is alot of machine time in parts like that.

Yea I know a guy started a thread he was going to be doing a CAD program. He was is school for CAD/Machining I think he was doing it as a project. Ill try to find the thread.

Those triples look very nice , but is a 1 1/2 " drop enough for a R-1 set of forks mated to a Gen 1 ? I thought the drop # / difference was closer to 4 " ? Sean , help me out here .

Attachments

• DSC03453.jpg
    DSC03453.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 32
It is 4" plus another inch in wheel/tire. Most like a 2" drop on their bikes anyway so if you get the 1.5" drop triple plus another 2" extender you aren't going to be sitting too bad anyway.

Sean

So If I ran a set of there triples without spacers would I be alright? I know most people say its just a matter of ground clearance for the head pipes, but being as I am going to be running a turbo setup my pipes will not be going underneath the bike.

Latest posts

Back