R6 Parts on the Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of stripping down my 04 R6 and putting some parts on my 03 Vmax. Just wanted to get an idea from the group what parts if any would be worth the swap.

I was thinking the complete front end (tire, forks, brakes, mc's). Do these parts work on the Vmax? Is it a direct swap or do I need to pull or purchase other parts to make it all work? Do I have to go to the R6 clip-ons or can I use my Vmax drag bar?

Will the rear wheel work and what do I need to have done to it to make it fit the Vmax?

Is there anything else that might be worth while to swap over?

Just toying with the idea and thought I'd post up to see what you guys know about it.

It's ambitious, and anything is possible given enough time/money.

I'm running the coil sticks off an R6, brakes off an R1, and going to have the r/r off a Ninja 1000, but that's just because the Vmax's stock electrical system blows. There's a little sportbike in my Max...lol. I'm pretty sure there's adapters for R series brakes out there also.

Patrick, remember, your R6 is a tiny sportbike and the front end is designed to handle half the weight of a Max. Cycle One Off can help with some info. Your brakes will work and wheels have been adapted to a Max but why scavenge a bike for these when the parts you are seeking are already available? What you want to do has already been done so don't go at alone without doing your homework. You'll save time, money and aggravation

Back