Race Tech springs and emulators - 1" drop?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

427FE

Reaction score
I will be doing Race Tech springs and emulators and looking for input if ordrering a 1" drop in springs is advisable. Pro's / Con's...

Also installing Ohlins S36 / YA-427 rear shocks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.
I suppose the first question is why do you want to do this and what do you hope to achieve?...'arf a mo, that's two questions...DOH!

Dropping the front of the bike will alter the steering geometry and make the steering 'faster' i.e. more sensitive to rider and road inputs.
If the Ohlins drop the rear by a similar amount it would make sense and maintain steering geometry.

The first issue with lowering the front is that there will be less clearance between the mudguard and radiator which may allow contact during heavy and sudden braking. Next would s that if you don't like the results you would either have to replace the springs or add spacers to get the extra length back?

There is an alternative that you could consider which is reversible if you aren't satisfied with the results.
i) Lower the forks in the yokes. Do this in small increments until you hit a sweet spot that suits your riding style.
ii) Fit lowering spacer tubes. Once you have found your ideal drop you can fit lowering spacer tubes to drop the front end.

Attachments

• Fork lowering tubes.pdf
    100.7 KB · Views: 0
Back