RaceTech Springs and Emulators For 05+

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZackDaniels

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering RaceTech emulators (S4301) which are supposed to work with the late model gen 1 forks. I heard some murmors though that the forks were further refined in 05.

Do these still work in 05/06/07 forks? Any adjustments necessary?

RaceTech recommends that part of years 93+ but according to this thread from 2008 there was some issues installing and mentioning that RaceTech may not be aware of the new damper rods in the 05+ models.

05+ has subtle differences in damping rods/fork setup as described in this old thread. Side note - the FAQ entry on this forum for this has all broken pictures, and hasn't been updated to mention the 05+ rods.

It seemed there was a lot of back and forth on if it would or would not work out. I'm just curious if anybody has definitively tried the emulators on an 05+ and could give a definitive answer.

I'm looking at ordering RaceTech emulators (S4301) which are supposed to work with the late model gen 1 forks. I heard some murmors though that the forks were further refined in 05.

Do these still work in 05/06/07 forks? Any adjustments necessary?

Hello from the future. I have installed part# S4301 and indeed they work great. Was a bit surprised to see RaceTech's recommendation to drill three 5/8" holes in the rod, but those instructions were followed.

The only thing in the 06 fork that caught me off guard was a little bit of plastic at the very bottom of the fork that goes over the damping rod. Looks like some kind of anti-bottoming device?

I just made sure the holes drilled in the rod weren't covered by it and put it back like I found it upon reassembly. I simply hadn't heard it mentioned before.

Latest posts

Back