Racetech vs inverted forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much of an improvement are inverted forks over racetech springs & emulators

• 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20%

• 30%

• 50%

• 80%

• 90%

• 100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firefly

Reaction score
How much of an improvement are inverted forks over racetech springs & emulators.
I do have racetech and have no idea what inverted forks will have on handling compared to my current setting.

Last edited:
Not sure about the direct comparison vs the racetech bu to stock it is way over 100%

A suspension system is only as good as how well it is set up for the rider, regardless of what type it is. An complete Ohlins system set up for a 130 pound rider, but riden by a 200 pound rider is not going to handle well. I don't think you'd notice the difference between a correctly set up stock suspension with Racetech and a correctly set up inverted fork suspension.

Buster, one thing they have improved on the new Max even with the regular front end is the difference between the upper and lower trees and the distance from the lower tree to the bottom tube. On the present Max the distance is pretty much the same between these three points whereas on the new model, the trees are spread so far apart that little remains to the down tubes. This should tighten the front end up nicely. Also it has a uniframe where the engine is actually a stressed member giving rigidity to the whole assembly. Will it handle like a sports bike, probably not but some want to buy a cannon and not a plastic zinger.

I would think the stiffnes/rigidity of inverted forks would be better if set up properly.
Are the aftermarket inverted set ups using forks made for the max just the same old damping rod crap inside an inverted fork???

Or are they cartridge forks..??

Exactrep and Boxxenstopp is not very forthcoming about what is inside of these forks

In any case I have Progressive springs and Racetech emulators and they were a huge improvement over stock....

Ok I know this is an older thread but I feel obligated to comment...:whistlin:

While I like the inverted fork and think they look good on the Vmax, I also believe that they are mostly for bling. A well setup stock system with Race-Tech internals is more than fine for the Vmax. You can save yourself A LOT of money by just doing the latter and setting it for your weight and riding conditions...:thumbs up:

Doing that and loweing the forks slightly will help stiffen the forks a bit. While I still don't see how an aftermarket fork brace is better than the stock cast unit, it does help when using lowering blocks to lower the front fender.

If bling is what you need then by all means spend the 3-4000 dollars on the inverted forks...:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back