Rad side covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I really don't like the look of the rad side covers. That stupid reflector and little panel look like something from a BMX bike. Open to suggestion, and Shawn I seen that you have put covers on / over them. Did you purchase these or did you make them yourself ?

Anybody ?

Did you make them to form fit over or as a replacement. Any chance of you taking a few pics of them when your not too busy ?

I think they really look cool, much better than stock. Nice work.

I'll get you some pics when I get home.I can possibly make you a set.I have more materials.These look real nice with the stainless skull and flames grill cover I have with it.The plastic ones are gone.Mine also are 3 sided so it raps around the rad nice.

If you look close at mine you will see that they are wavey a little bit.When I made them I accidently drilled my holes in the sides instead of the front.I welded them back up with stainless wire instead of starting over.After sanding and buffing them you can still see the marks where I grinded them.Stainless is a bitch to sand and buff.Cut too.

I have been meaning to make myself a new set.These are u shaped,no top or bottom but hug the rad nice and I have not had any overheating problems running them.Maybe I should start making them for sale on ebay?

If you look close at mine you will see that they are wavey a little bit.When I made them I accidently drilled my holes in the sides instead of the front.I welded them back up with stainless wire instead of starting over.After sanding and buffing them you can still see the marks where I grinded them.Stainless is a bitch to sand and buff.Cut too.

I have been meaning to make myself a new set.These are u shaped,no top or bottom but hug the rad nice and I have not had any overheating problems running them.Maybe I should start making them for sale on ebay?

You could open your own store

The reflector on my side covers are wired into my turn signals (and stay on when not being used as turn sgnals),...any little thing to help the "nons" see me...

I guess that I am not alowed to post any more photos.It says that I have filled my quota or something.Send me your email address to [email protected] and I'll email you some better photos. Buster?

I guess that I am not alowed to post any more photos.It says that I have filled my quota or something.Send me your email address to [email protected] and I'll email you some better photos. Buster?

What, that doesn't make any sense? :ummm: PM me with the error you received as there isn't a limit on that.

Thanks Buster!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18
I went full off custom and made some slight changes...

I hate the aluminum and really hate reflectors on any bike...

Now I have no reflectors...:eusa_dance:

Bad pic, but you get the jest...

My style is "less is more" and I don't want my radiator to say "hey look at me." Just my taste...

Attachments

• 100_2108.jpg
    100_2108.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 22
my rad side covers were broken when i bought the bike, i went without anything and got a few dents in the rad so i finally buckled down and bought a set of these

http://www.vmaxbits.com/radiator_covers.htm

I got mine off of ebay like a year ago, i cant find them anymore. I paid 80$ us shipped to my door and they came from england and look identical so im pretty sure it was the same person selling them. I got the black powder coated version and it looks awsome, they did a really good job making it. Made beefy too not real thin and cheap like u might expect!

I like the chrome look just a little bit better than the black, it goes better with polished scoops, it just appeals to me to give the bike more of a dressed up look. Really nice work that you did Shawn. I think you could very easily sell them if you wanted to. Feel free to pm me or post your price. I've got some other things on the go but this could very well be my next upgrade depending on the cost.

Nice :clapping:

Thanks for your posts guys.

Back