Radial clutch lever source?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing okay and staying safe.

Question for you: I just installed a Nissin radial clutch master cylinder on my Max, but I hate the stock lever....too long and "clunky."

I'm hoping to find a company that sells aftermarket levers for Nissin hydraulic radial clutch master cylinders, but it's been kind of a bee-otch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks muchly!

Elimax

If the master cylinder is for another bike just look for a lever for that bike.

Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing okay and staying safe.

Question for you: I just installed a Nissin radial clutch master cylinder on my Max, but I hate the stock lever....too long and "clunky."

I'm hoping to find a company that sells aftermarket levers for Nissin hydraulic radial clutch master cylinders, but it's been kind of a bee-otch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks muchly!

Elimax

The Gen 2 VMax has a Nissin clutch master. I use Pazzo levers....they're beautiful but pricey. There are knock-offs on Ebay for a reasonable price.

I found out I think it was a zx7r had Nissin brake and clutch masters. That's what I ordered on eBay when I got Nissins on my max

The 2nd Gen VMax does have Nissin-made clutch master cylinder, but it's not the radial m/c; it's actually the standard type of m/c.

Attached is a photo of a radial Nissin m/c; notice that the inner piston moves front-to-back, rather than side-to-side like the standard VMax m/c piston.

Elimax

Attachments

• 41AIucdsI8L__SX300_.jpg
    41AIucdsI8L__SX300_.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The 2nd Gen VMax does have Nissin-made clutch master cylinder, but it's not the radial m/c; it's actually the standard type of m/c.

Attached is a photo of a radial Nissin m/c; notice that the inner piston moves front-to-back, rather than side-to-side like the standard VMax m/c piston.

Elimax

Got ya.......I know the Gen2 brake master is a radial type (Brembo), wasn't sure about the clutch. That being said the levers are the same as far as I know....clutch & brake.

So, Itgoes....should I check to see if Pazzo (or imitation-Pazzo) has levers? That would be excellent.

Thanks.

Elimax

I actually found out that the Ninja ZX14 uses the same Nissin radial clutch M/C that I purchased, and I found a shorty lever on ebay for $25. Cool.

Elimax

Latest posts

Back