Radial conversion pit falls to be aware of

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Max looks awesome with a 180 rear tire BUT as I experienced, I did not notch the swing arm thinking it would fit as per kosman.
What I found out is that I needed to file down 1/8 inch off the tire to make it fit. at the same time Shawn ordered the same wheels from kosman and this time the rear did fit with some room to spare???
Conclusion their is a variation in the width of the swing arm that is random
some are smaller than others, so to be on the safe side NOTCH the swing arm before installing the 180 tire or get a 170 tire.
Here is a photo of the clearance I have with the 180/17 tire.
Note: I tried the 180/18 and this tire needed 1/2 inch clearance so It did not work at all.
firefly
________
Suzuki GSF1200

Attachments

• 180 tire with no notching (800 x 600).jpg
    180 tire with no notching (800 x 600).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
firefly said:
Max looks awesome with a 180 rear tire BUT as I experienced, I did not notch the swing arm thinking it would fit as per kosman.
What I found out is that I needed to file down 1/8 inch off the tire to make it fit. at the same time Shawn ordered the same wheels from kosman and this time the rear did fit with some room to spare???
Conclusion their is a variation in the width of the swing arm that is random
some are smaller than others, so to be on the safe side NOTCH the swing arm before installing the 180 tire or get a 170 tire.
Here is a photo of the clearance I have with the 180/17 tire.
Note: I tried the 180/18 and this tire needed 1/2 inch clearance so It did not work at all.
firefly

True, people have found this with the bias ply tires too. Some have to do the washer swap, where some don't for the same size tire.

Latest posts

Back