radiator fan upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2501

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I was thinking about a fan upgrade and a manual switch to better cool the engine.
The only supplier of aluminium fan blade for the 1gen v-max seems to be Muzzys Fan # HT-H5
Unfortunately I cannot find this fan at a decent price and the official Muzzys website has no reference for the radiator fan anymore.

Living in Italy I've also the big issue of shipment and fees, so even if I find it somewhere in the US or in japan the price will be too high.
I've read other posts about an upgrade of the radiator fan , so I was thinking about purchasing an aftermarket fan made here in Italy .
My doubts are on the right size to choose and eventually on the blades shapes.
I'm looking for something that will fit in the original bracket without issues , and eventually even a new brushless motor with more RPM that can be used to maximize this mod.

Did someone knows the maximum size that can be used ? should I swap even the brushless motor? if yes what should I search?

Just do the switch if you feel you need it. The aluminum fan blade was/is not an improvement over stock.

Hi Sean, in your knowledge do you think that it is related to the blade design? or it's for the weight?
I've read some thread on this forum with an oversized fan ( 8" if I don't remember wrong ) that achieved good results
To be honest, it was a "custom" fan , so as I wrote it is something that should be made with fan used for something else.
Of course the main issue will be the size and the custom brackets, but if I find a large thin blade with a good motor , maybe with a faster spin rate, do you hink that this can benefit the engine in traffic trips on hot summer days?

I am not sure and never bothered really doing research into why the aluminum fan wasn't as good. It's not very heavy (and neither is stock). Most worry about a problem that doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Back