VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I noticed a question on the yahoo list regarding radiator mounting and now its got me thinking

There are four radiator mounts. Two short, two long.

As sitting on the bike, do the long mounts go on the left or the right?

I'm thinking I may have put one of each on each side.

It's been awhile but I wanted to say they were all the same on the last one we mounted up.
Sean

This is interesting. From the fiche the bolts are the same. There are however 2 different part numbers for the rubber grommet (dampener) and flanged bushing. It looks like from the numbers that the longer bushings are on the right side. Someone with a stock bike can go check.

Sean

This is interesting. From the fiche the bolts are the same. There are however 2 different part numbers for the rubber grommet (dampener) and flanged bushing. It looks like from the numbers that the longer bushings are on the right side. Someone with a stock bike can go check.

Sean

Huh!! Won't do any good for me to go check.....I obviously have them all mixed up!! :bang head:

Yes, all 4 bolts are the same length. Grommets are thicker and collars that insert into the grommets are longer on one side than the other. I can't remember what I put where??

I'm don't think I removed the grommets, just bolts and collars. I would imagine once I figure out which grommets are thicker the longer collars would go there? I'll have to check it out one of these days. It's not like I'm going anywhere, anytime soon on this thing :bang head:

Back