RagingMain is the Man

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3ttp

Reaction score
Ragingmain rebuild my carbs in less than a week. After buying a bike with the second gear issue and having a friend using the tranny as a project, i finally was able to ride the bike for the first time. The carbs were a complete mess until Ragingmain worked on them. He dip my carbs in an ultrasonic cleaner and even found a dead bee in one of them. His only payment was a donation to a charity. The amount is up to you. This guy is a genuine decent human being. all i have to do is synche them and i am good.

Found out the used part i used for the 2nd gear change is not a good thing. i did not have 2nd gear at all when i bought it. i found a used tranny online. my friend used gears 1-3-4-5 from the old tranny and 2nd from the used ebay unit. Second gear is there but it jumps in second at 5-6k rpm. it appears to be in 2nd still but it acts like it was slipping or something. The clutch is brand new yamaha plates with sanded down disc. The tranny does not act like that in any other gears. I can live with it for now. No cash at the moment for anything else. I've been dreaming of riding this bike since 1985 when I was 16. Even with the second gear issues, it did not disappoint.

Thanks again Ragingmain.:clapping:

He is one of many great people on this forum!!!! We have a good brotherhood going on with this forum!

Hope you get 2nd gear figured out, but first to third will still take care of many bikes out there :punk:

Jeff

t3ttp
Thanks, I appreciate your kind words.
Money has been sent to Deaf Kids Kamp, with a matching donation from my work.
If you need help getting your second gear figured out. Give me a shout, if you got the room we can get it done in a day or two.
Better yet save up the cash and get a tranny from Sean!!!

Now that its winter if you guys need carb work done, dont hesitate to give me a call or PM. I dont post much anymore since I had to sell the bikes to make the mortgage payment but I still troll around and see what you guys are up to.

Remember it goes to a good cause.
Hey DannyMax, not trying to steal any of your business, you are the Man!!!:punk:

Cheers

t3ttp
Thanks, I appreciate your kind words.
Money has been sent to Deaf Kids Kamp, with a matching donation from my work.
If you need help getting your second gear figured out. Give me a shout, if you got the room we can get it done in a day or two.
Better yet save up the cash and get a tranny from Sean!!!

Now that its winter if you guys need carb work done, dont hesitate to give me a call or PM. I dont post much anymore since I had to sell the bikes to make the mortgage payment but I still troll around and see what you guys are up to.

Remember it goes to a good cause.
Hey DannyMax, not trying to steal any of your business, you are the Man!!!:punk:

Cheers

RaginMain, not a problem at all man...., just trying to help out like you, Maleko and the rest....besides, I'm a little behind right now anyhow!! :rofl_200:

(Not really man, they're mostly just a bunch of Venture carbs I accumulated....like a dog chasing cars, I caught 'em, now what the hell do I do with 'em!!) :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_2508.jpg
    100_2508.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 22
Holy Crap Dan-O. What an inventory of Venture Carb Sets you have.....
From what you've said, they will work great on VMax's. Very Tempting.

Holy Crap Dan-O. What an inventory of Venture Carb Sets you have.....
From what you've said, they will work great on VMax's. Very Tempting.

Yeah, that's my OCD.....Obsessive Carb Disorder!!

Yeah they will Dave. Gotta re-jet and maybe drill the slides a bit but I ran a set of 34mm's on my '99 for most of the summer and loved them. Actually just sold them to a guy in CA who's running a 4 passenger side hack......he's looking for a little more low end grunt.....I can understand why!! The hack alone weighs over 300#!!

Oh, the choke needs a little re-doing on the ventures but a set of 35mm venture carbs re-jetted would perform the same as the v max ones....there's some guys on here that have them I believe.

Yeah, he is the man with a big heart. Plus, if a car ever falls on me I know he'll be able to deadlift it off me. :)

You know it Mark
Big shout out to t3ttp.
Needed some help with my truck and he came through!!!
Thanks Bro, I appreciate your help
Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Back