Raked front end kit - anyone done this?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turomar

Reaction score
So I like long bikes. Long, low, and fast. My last was a KZ1000, and my next will be a Vmax.
This company: http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/
claims to make a rake kit for the Vmax but their website is a little wonky in the yamaha section, both products and pictures, but they can be seen by scrolling down sufficiently.

Has anyone done anything like this with a VMAX? Installed this kit, or done a rake the hard way?

I have a frame that was raked in a jig that I'd sell, not a crazy rake I believe it was brought out to 39degrees

It was brought to 39 because I believe that's what my madmax bike was , kinda the standard that Paul Civitello uses .( MadMax)

So that company no longer offers the vmax kit so guess ill be raking the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I prefer the ergonomics of a long and low bike. I got most of the way there with my last bike. But I traded rear suspension to get there, after an iron butt ride on a hardtail KZ1000, I'm starting over with a new bike and I'm gonna make it recumbent without losing the rear suspension.

Any bike is a chopper if you touch saw blade to metal. If anything gets chopped off its a chopper. And no, it isn't a harley. While the narrow footprint of a Vtwin fits conveniently between the legs, they lack power. And cost far more than they should. My KZ1000 putting out 90 horsepower still left me wanting, and the Vmax has more power. It also has significantly better parts availability and aftermarket customization options.

Sorry thats a long answer to a short question.

Why? Because he wants to. Good enough for me.

I hope you go for it and document your work with lots of photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's one for you....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 38
The thread is under user mods and the title is Max Long. I talked to the guy about it because I think it looks badass! He spent a lot of money to do it if I remember right.

I don't usually like the extended front ends on a VMax, but this does look food for that style. A "Frisco Flyer," it works because the rake is done so the frame bottom tubes are parallel w/the ground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 29
I don't usually like the extended front ends on a VMax, but this does look food for that style. A "Frisco Flyer," it works because the rake is done so the frame bottom tubes are parallel w/the ground.

What kind of forks are those?
My plan is to keep the lower frame tubes parallel to the ground, or at whatever angle they originally sat. When I rake I'm not going to change the position of the engine at all. And the top of the steering stem should stay at the same height. Only thing that will change is the front wheel will be farther forward.

Looks pretty similar to the Ultima front ends we've sold in the past (though not usually for the Vmax)

Back