Rattling exhaust was fixed. Description.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
Fixed:
holes drilled in outer pipe and welded 2 pipes together
Pipe.jpg

Last edited:
The front pipes are very common to crack at the weld joints near the inlet (the stock pipes are double walled). They can be welded back together OR, on the ultra cheap you can run screws or bolts though it to stabilize the pipe.

The front pipes are very common to crack at the weld joints near the inlet (the stock pipes are double walled). They can be welded back together OR, on the ultra cheap you can run screws or bolts though it to stabilize the pipe.
Thanks for your help, please type # of usual crack location.
Pipe.jpg

One well aimed shot with a ball peen hammer stopped my front pipes from rattling till I was able to get replacements. Didn't even make much of a dent, and rattling completely stopped.

After sealing exhaust holes, I clearly hear ringing/rattling noise coming from bottom right pipe, starting from front cylinder head to rear joint. Possible 2 cracks, one next to cyl. head, second toward rear end of the pipe. I'll remove it tomorrow and get it welded.

Mine has cracked at the joint connection of #6 to the left pipe where it slides into it. Not sure if I can locate another 1 inch wide band clamp and just remove the existing and move it over a little bit, instead of removing the system from the bike for a proper repair...:confused:
Have been putting on Devcon once a week to keep it quiet for the time being

Latest posts

Back