RC Component Gladiator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh0912

Reaction score
Alright, I'm probably the newest member to the site and have caught the "mod monkey". I've been looking for a set of nice rims for my 90' vmax and came across a pair of Rc component Gladiators. The guy has them on a kaw zx14 right now. I am wondering if there is a way to convert them from chain drive to shaft :confused2:. I know I'll need a new swing arm b/c its a 190 but other than that what do I need to do to the actual rim for it to fit. I checked the website and they do fit on R1's. Thanks for any help!!

Ryan

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 49
Alright, I'm probably the newest member to the site and have caught the "mod monkey". I've been looking for a set of nice rims for my 90' vmax and came across a pair of Rc component Gladiators. The guy has them on a kaw zx14 right now. I am wondering if there is a way to convert them from chain drive to shaft :confused2:. I know I'll need a new swing arm b/c its a 190 but other than that what do I need to do to the actual rim for it to fit. I checked the website and they do fit on R1's. Thanks for any help!!

Ryan

i'm not a machinist but, probably a lot.

1 -> you'll need to make sure the width of the rim/hub makes sense
2 -> you'll have to attach the cush drive to it somehow.
3 -> need to find the proper beairngs for it

lots of money if that doesn't work out. i'm sure COO or kosmans could do it for you, but i'd expect it to be a couple grand, and not sure if they'd be able to keep the chrome clean throughout the whole thing

Ryan

The problem is that style of RC wheel does not have a large enough removable hub to be changed over to their shaft drive hub, of course I would need to see close up pics of the hub to be sure. Of course you could always just convert your Vmax to chain drive..... Just sayin":biglaugh:

cool, I appreciate the replies. I don't want to get myself into something that will only get more expensive as time goes so I'll just do it right the first time. Speaking of chain drive, is there a thread here that I could read up on to give myself more options? Thank a ton!!

COO, PCW, MadMax or Morley Muscle should be able to assist with chain drive.

If you want RC wheels Sean has really good prices

Sportmax sells them too. Last I talked to John he had a couple used sets he was selling. Venom and Predator were the designs of them. He was also running a special on new solid rear wheels (smoothie style)

The Rc wheels are pigs in that they weigh a ton if i could i buy something else alot lighter

Will look at spormax today. Would like to get something lighter but stylish as well. Still have about a month of bad weather so hopefully I can get some new parts to put on before mid-april

Just put an order in for some RC's last week for a customer. Should be ready in 2 more weeks or so. They are heavy but mostly in the hub area. Hopefully we can get moving forward with our other wheel offerings.

Sean

Sean, can you send me a link or two of the wheels you have available? I'd like to get something ordered very soon. I'm looking to go around the 190-200 tire size. Pretty sure I have to buy a notched swing arm. Let me know what you have going.

ryan

Many of the wheels provided for by the aftermarket are designed for a stock swingarm with 170-180 tire. Going to a 190-200 tire would require a notch depending on the wheel. I have RC Comps (a few patterns), and Carrozzeria FRONT wheels only, and am working with Jedi to provide conversion parts to install Harley aftermarket wheels.

We are also working on our own custom wheels and hope to get started on them in the next few months.

Sean

Back