Re-intro to group,ergonomic issues gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEEMAX1998

Reaction score
Hi guys,I just purchased an 09 Vmax yesterday,being shipped,to arrive Tuesday.I had my 98 10yrs,loved it. Due to a birth defect both feet are toed out. Also large(14's).Because of that I will have to modify or change out the shifter and brake pedals..
also,because of a bad back I will need some type of backrest,which is likely the biggest obstacle because of tank location,seat design.Back decades ago there was a universal passenger backrest with the rails on either side secured w thumb screys so it would slide forward to driver if desired,but I can't find it again,so anything that comes forward enough,even something on passenger seat would be fine.Comfort at this stage trumps appearance...
I'll also need much higher,wider and pulled back handlebars,and maybe a riser to bring the bars toward me..
And also,a windshield tall enough( i'm 6'4) for me.I've seen some with a little mini-shield that bolts on top for a little more height if needed..I know this is a lot,especially just making all these changes to make it fit me,but I have a real passion for Vmax's and this will likey be my last bike..I will update my profile as soon as I figure out how,but my ph is 904-477-3835,email [email protected] in advance for the consideration to this lengthy list..and btw,I'm in Jacksonville Fl,and I have several odd's and end items for the gen1 and real reasonable on prices if anyone needs anything..Randy

Hi guys,I just purchased an 09 Vmax yesterday,being shipped,to arrive Tuesday.I had my 98 10yrs,loved it. Due to a birth defect both feet are toed out. Also large(14's).Because of that I will have to modify or change out the shifter and brake pedals..
also,because of a bad back I will need some type of backrest,which is likely the biggest obstacle because of tank location,seat design.Back decades ago there was a universal passenger backrest with the rails on either side secured w thumb screys so it would slide forward to driver if desired,but I can't find it again,so anything that comes forward enough,even something on passenger seat would be fine.Comfort at this stage trumps appearance...
I'll also need much higher,wider and pulled back handlebars,and maybe a riser to bring the bars toward me..
And also,a windshield tall enough( i'm 6'4) for me.I've seen some with a little mini-shield that bolts on top for a little more height if needed..I know this is a lot,especially just making all these changes to make it fit me,but I have a real passion for Vmax's and this will likey be my last bike..I will update my profile as soon as I figure out how,but my ph is 904-477-3835,email [email protected] in advance for the consideration to this lengthy list..and btw,I'm in Jacksonville Fl,and I have several odd's and end items for the gen1 and real reasonable on prices if anyone needs anything..Randy

Welcome to the forum, I think everything you need done can be done. The more Gen 2 riders over here the better. I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies to your questions I really don't change the stock Vmax on the outside so I wouldn't be the best person to ask but I alway Google first.

With that search and the replies from members who know about all that stuff I am sure you'll find all you need.

Once again welcome to the forum.

With all do respect , and as you may know , a life long Vmax rider myself ,one that Definitely Can appreciate the need for comfort on a Vmax .

I think you may have the wrong bike :(

I looked at designing different comfort related accessories for the gen II.
There's really not much room to work with , I've cut down quite a few stock seats and managed to make them look good , and the maxrelaxers were a big improvement in comfort as a few here can attest to , but that's it.
If the looks aren't much of a concern you should be able to come up with something off of or under the passenger seat area , providing you're not going to be riding with a passenger .
As for handle bars , Sean probably has something.

With all do respect , and as you may know , a life long Vmax rider myself ,one that Definitely Can appreciate the need for comfort on a Vmax .

There's really not much room to work with , I've cut down quite a few stock seats and managed to make them look good , and the maxrelaxers were a big improvement in comfort as a few here can attest to , but that's it.
If the looks aren't much of a concern you should be able to come up with something off of or under the passenger seat area , providing you're not going to be riding with a passenger .

You have the right to think what you want but every one of the 8 VMAX's I have owned thought my life I am 110% sure they and are not the wrong bikes for me.

Thanks for trying to decide for me though.

You have the right to think what you want but every one of the 8 VMAX's I have owned thought my life I am 110% sure they and are not the wrong bikes for me.

Thanks for trying to decide for me though.

I think Rick was responding to VeeMax1998.

I think Rick was responding to VeeMax1998.

Oh I am sorry then, I thought he was refferring to my comment about the Vmax seat beeing a bad seat since it came out in 1985.

Rick,
I am sorry, if you were not replying to my post. My post was the last one and I didn't see a quote in your post so I assumed you meant that for me.

Once again MY bad, I am sorry. That is twice in a week I have to make a habit to just not read the link I get in my email I am going to start reading the whole thread each time so I don't make this mistake again. The confusion came because I posted a comment about how the VMAX seat was hard on us and you'd think Yamaha would have addressed it since 1985, I asked Sean if he ever used gel packs like this place in France. When I read your post I thought it was a reply to the post I just described.

I am sorry..

Traumahawk,
Thanks for bring that to my attention... I guess all I can do is say I am sorry and learn from it.

:(

I Don't make them
Anymore.

I think my Machinest has four or five sets left I'd need to pay for and finish . My new toy has taken all my mod monkey money so I don't have the cash to put up to have them sit.
If you can get four other guys I'll get them and finish them . I was getting $265 shipped in the USA. They come in raw , waxed steel and require a peg with a 3/8 stud.
I've sold probably 30+ sets . Maybe not the prettiest but VERY effective.

I'm new on here and navigating is rough so hope this works,quote I mean..back to seat discussion please..I'm not gonna ride a passenger,so I can use that area for a backrest which is an absolute necessity. need to get rid of cat converter but ones I'VE SEEN LOOKED WAY OVER PRICED..Oops caps on..also pftermarket wind shields preferably fork mount..I cant find your email address,so if you would please drop me a line or [email protected] thank you!

Latest posts

Back