Ready for reassembly.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

apsolus

Reaction score
that is a purdy bike , these 1st gens are special bikes.

DirtieGirtie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throw the seat on it so we can see how if looks w/the exactrep sidecover.

I spy a SuperBee!

Guilty as charged! It was a toss up between a Superbee and Mighty-Mouse... but I always associated Mighty-Mouse with small block chevys... which is strange that I don't automatically associated the Superbee logo with Mopars. But I digress...

I always found Corbin seats very comfortable and I actually really like they way they look on grey, black, or dark carbon fiber Gen1 Vmax, so I mounted the Corbin that came with her back on the bike. I took 3 or 4 steps back to view my purdy bike and... YUCK! I don't know if it's the color or the fact I put the exactrap side covers on both sides, but holly hell the corbin looked ugly on her.

So I put the stock seat on and am very happy with her looks. Now I gotta swap out the front tire and fender and wait for warmer weather!

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, I don't care for the exactrep sidecovers below the seat.

Maybe they need a Yamaha black/white/yellow dashed stripe, like King Kenny's flat tracker on the bottom curved part? Some graphic that starts out wide at the front and which has the dash segments taper to a point at the other end? I dunno.

I actually like the embossed 'YAMAHA' 1985 side plates the best, and in the original aluminum mill finish, instead of any paint on the side cover, or in the name embossment.

I once bought a set of side plates off someone, it may have been on-here, who had a <3" hand-painted graphic of what appeared to be a dragonfly in one corner of the side cover. I've never used the side covers, but to my aesthetics, it's a tasteful original art work addition.

Of the exactrep side cover style choices, I think the vented ones look pretty-good, if you're looking for a change, or maybe the actual carbon fibre ones, which are the same style as the OEM just a different material.

1674587237309.png

1674587210333.png

The OEM seat does look good on the bike of yours. Yamaha mixed it up over the years, slight color variations on the naugahyde. I'm currently using a Corbin seat myself, and I have one for recovering that I'll be dropping off soon for that. I like the Corbin. It's comfy to me. When I bought my '92 from the Ft. Lauderdale dealer, I tried a Corbin at the time, but didn't like it more-than the OEM seat for comfort/price, but later I found a good deal on one, and that's what's there to this day.

Last edited:

DirtieGirtie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It hasn't rained or snowed for a few days so the streets are dry, and the temps were in the mid 40's so I took her out for a trial run.

WOW!!! I'm in love! I can't wait for the spring and some real time in the saddle.

Model pic from today. I took my chromed scoops (the chrome was a little stained in spots) and scuffed then up with scotch Brite and then a scotch Brite disk. Not sure which ones I like more.

IMG_20230129_153248278_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
It hasn't rained or snowed for a few days so the streets are dry, and the temps were in the mid 40's so I took her out for a trial run.

WOW!!! I'm in love! I can't wait for the spring and some real time in the saddle.

Model pic from today. I took my chromed scoops (the chrome was a little stained in spots) and scuffed then up with scotch Brite and then a scotch Brite disk. Not sure which ones I like more.

View attachment 87579
So Clean. Well Done.